Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DT123
Message 1 of 7

Infinity available in street but cannot get it :(

Hi there,

My first post here. As the subject says really^

I am moving to a new home later in the month, infinity was available last week, went to order today and it is now not available and I am being offered 1mb download...

Gutted and confused is an understatement...

It sounds like the dark ages, its 2015!!! I am really not prepared to pay £27+ for 1mb.

Any answers out there?

I am in Stirling, Scotland.

Regards,

Dan

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity available in street but cannot get it :(

@DT123 

What does it say here: http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl

if you don't know the landline number for the property try it's address: http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput

Copy and paste all the results, ie cabinet number, exchange, services grid and any additional notes/info below that, (though edit out your address/landline number)

It could be that there is currently no spare ports, and capacity will be resumed soon.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
DT123
Message 3 of 7

on Exchange BANNOCKBURN is served by Cabinet 4

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 7

@DT123 

Thanks. Yep as I thought, there currently isn't any capacity for any more FTTC connection on Cab4 at the moment, though Openreach will either add more cards (to allow more ports) if there is enough rack space in the DSLAM cabinet soon to restore capacity. If there is no more cards space, then a new DSLAM cabinet may need to be installed, however this is very unlikely unless there is a very high demand in that area.

Just need to keep checking http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl till capacity is restored.

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
DT123
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Jac for your help.

It was available the other day, I didn't know there was such competition for a port. I have cable at the moment and I was connected straight away. I didn't think we had such issues with internet in the 21st century...

How would the demand be noticed by openreach/BT?

Cheers,

0 Ratings
DT123
Message 6 of 7

Thank you, I believe the ports are full, I just can't believe these issues are here. Gutted.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 7 of 7

@DT123 

The FTTC DSLAM cabinets are owned and installed by Openreach, many ISPs and Wholesalers use Openreach's fibre infrastructure.

What would likely happen is that once an ISP gets an order for a FTTC service from that cabinet, then once the order has gone through the ISPs ordering process, then it will go through Openreach's system and reserve that port for that order.

Openreach add more cards (to give more capacity for more customers) when needed. 

Try a Search
0 Ratings