Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WelshSkipper
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Infinity in two locations?

Go to solution
Hi there i currently have BT broadband and have one HH3 in my house and another HH3 in my garage with a telephone extension inside which comes from the master socket in the house, at the moment i can have wireless broadband in either place as long as i turn off the router im not using,
My question is can this be done if i get infinty? Its quite far from the house so wireless range wont reach and its on a seperate circuit to my house so cant use extenders? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
WelshSkipper
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

Infinity in two locations?

Go to solution
Hi there i currently have BT broadband and have one HH3 in my house and another HH3 in my garage with a telephone extension inside which comes from the master socket in the house, at the moment i can have wireless broadband in either place as long as i turn off the router im not using,
My question is can this be done if i get infinty? Its quite far from the house so wireless range wont reach and its on a seperate circuit to my house so cant use extenders? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Re: Infinity in two locations?

Go to solution

the same idea won't work with infinity as it will have an SSFP for your master socket and it will not work in extension sockets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WelshSkipper
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
So there would be no way of getting an internet connection to my garage if i got Infinity?
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Order infinity 1 and get a hub 5 and a vdsl modem for one of the hub3's and it will work as no faceplate is installed.

0 Ratings
WelshSkipper
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
So if i got a VDSL modem for the hub 3 in the garage it would work? I would only need one router on at any given time 🙂
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

it will work, but it may not work well. it will depend on the quality of the wiring and the way your home telephones are wired up.

It would be better to get an ethernet cable and run it from the garage to where the internet is currently and then use the hub 3 as a wifi access point when you need it.

WelshSkipper
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
So would that be an ethernet run from a LAN port in the Hub 5 from the house to a LAN port on the hub 3 in the garage?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Yeah thats correct. Then you disable the routing functionality on the hub 3 and it just acts as a wifi hotspot and hub.

0 Ratings
WelshSkipper
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks for your help im assuming i can get exterior ethernet cable and run it along the same path as my exterior phone extension?
0 Ratings