cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tricky1972
Message 1 of 7

Infinity problem with Youview Box

Recently moved house and I have a setup whereby my BT Smarthub is connected via TP-Link Powerlines to my small BT Youview box. My PC works this way so does my PS4. However, as soon as I turn on the internet channels for BT Sport the router cuts out and displays the orange light. The whole system then has to be restarted. Its not a problem with the powerlines as this setup worked fine with my HH5 (and Openreach white box). BT callcentre has tested the line. I've turned off the Smart Setup on the router. Any ideas!! Is it possible for me to just buy a second hand Openreach modem and go back to my previous HH?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity problem with Youview Box

Welcome to this user forum.

How many powerline adapters have you physically connected to the home hub LAN ports, as you can only connect one, all the others must be slaved off that single one?

It it possibly you could draw a diagram of the way you have things connected up?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tricky1972
Message 3 of 7

One connected to the hub. Three downstairs. One for pc. Working. One for wireless extension. Working. One for PS4. Working. When the small Youview box is switched onto streamed channels the Smart hub just drops internet and goes orange. Youview box is connected to the PS4 powerline.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Thanks,

What happens if you just disconnect the PS4, does the hub still display the orange light when you turn on the YouView box?

Is there an Ethernet switch at the end of the powerline adapter that feeds the YouView and PS4, or has the powerline adapter got two Ethernet ports?

0 Ratings
Tricky1972
Message 5 of 7

The powerline with the PS4 and Youview box has two ports. The PS4 one is always connected but is usually off. Same TV so can only use one at a time. I did have this problem once with my wireless port whereby if the wireless was switched on and had the Youview box hardwired, the previous hub crashed. I just bought a two port powerline and used the wireless one elsewhere. It worked fine for a couple of years until I've moved and gone to smart hub.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you disconnect every other device apart from the YouView box, then turn the YouView box one, does the hub still crash out?

I suspect this is going to be an issue with the type of powerline adapters you are using, as they are not handling the multicast data correctly from the home hub 6. It may be the way the HH6 interacts with the TP Link adapters.

0 Ratings
Tricky1972
Message 7 of 7

Might just buy a second hand openreach modem and backtrack my technology so it works.
0 Ratings