cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pain
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Infinity stops working when new smartphone(sony experia) tries to connect

having been hung up on once and told "we're not trained to solve this" twice by the BT Infinity customer (non) service I'm hoping that someone out there can solve my pain! 

i have infinity with a smart tv and 2 laptops but the new smartphone keeps getting kicked off - despite it saying it's connected.  Infinity hub then hangs and needs rebooted.

Smartphone works well on other open wifi networks.

how can i get it to work in my own home?!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity stops working when new smartphone(sony experia) tries to connect

There is some help on the page below. I would try the change of speed or encryption suggestions.

Wireless problems and things you can try, to resolve them

0 Ratings
pain
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

hi keith_beddoe....sadly none of these changes seem to work....tried them before i posted on the forum and again since. It does connect for about 5 seconds then hangs so it's like something in the router just doesn't want to exchange any data.

even tried to see if usb port on hub would connect smartphone but to no avail.

any other suggestions out there?

phone connects to other secure networks no problem just putting in password.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

have you tried deleting all wireless connections on the Phone and the researching for the network
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Ther could be a compatibility problem. Do you have another wireless router you could try?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pain
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I've reset the phone back to manufacturer settings and still won't maintain any useful duration of a connection - best is around 10 seconds!

Also, have connected to another wireless router with security password no problem. 

my old android still connects to router no problem....so don't know what to do next. 

be interested to hear from anyone who has a sony xperia and is on Infinity to let me know if their phone works.

thanks for help so far!

0 Ratings