Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavacac
Message 1 of 4

Installation query

Go to solution

Hi All,

I have an installation booked for this Friday for BT Infinity. I'm trying to work out if my current set up will cause a problem.

Currently, my master phone socket is under the stairs and I have an RJ11 cable which has been run under the floor to a different part of the house where my router is located. I want to know if this set up will work with the BT infinity hub.

What connections are there between the master phone socket and the BT Hub? Is it just an RJ11 cable or is it something else? If it is an RJ11, then I would imagine I would still be able to locate the BT Hub where my current router is. If there is some other connection I might have a problem.

CAn anyone help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Installation query

Go to solution

it's just an rj11 cable.  as long as good quality then should be ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gavacac
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response!

Sounds like it should be OK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

if you get a contractor (ie kelly or quinn) and depending which side of the bed the engineer got out of you might get the usual baloney of the hub has to connect to the master socket only blah blah blah.

all i can say is stand your ground as even though i had bt cable already running up the stairs to where i used to have my previous hub and sky on demand the engineer refused even though the welcome email said they can run upto 90ft of new cable.

in the end i had to use wifi for a week and it was **bleep** with constant drops to 17mbps etc.

a complaint to bt got me a appology letter within 3 days and another engineer from the same contractor. he totally agreed with me that the hub should be upstairs. he also ran another extention and put a sub master socket beneath my desk and since then i was getting a constant 52mbps

since then i had another fault with no phone for 7 days which also affected speed but thats another story.

0 Ratings