cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rob1978
Message 1 of 5

Internet Channels vs Wireless Samsung TV

I have an issue with my internet channels.

When my Samsung Smart TV is connected to my network via wifi I cannot view any internet channels such as BT Sport, I can use the smart functions on the TV however. If I plug in an ethernet cable all channels are absolutely fine.

I don't understand as the BT internet channels are received through my Youview box and simply displayed on the TV. The method of connection should have no influence. 

Can anybody help? Am I getting some kind of interence?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rob1978
Message 2 of 5

Re: Internet Channels vs Wireless Samsung TV

Oh, and I've run out of ethernet ports on my hub, hence the switch to wireless. Ideally I'd like the wireless on the TV to work as I don't want to mess around with buying an ethernet switch
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

The bandwidth of a wirless connection is not really good enough.

You could try changing wireless channels, there are a choice of 13 channels, and see if it helps, but the only satisfactory way, would be to use an Ethernet connection, even if you have to add a cheap Ethernet switch at the TV and YouView end.

0 Ratings
rob1978
Message 4 of 5

Thanks but my Youview box is connected via ethernet and I don't want to change that. This issue appears to be that my wireless connection for my television is knocking out my internet channels. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Is your Youview box next to the TV? If so, then just add an Ethernet switch, and forget about the wireless, which is probably overloading the network, especially if there is wireless interference.

An Ethernet switch costs less than £10, or if you have an old home hub, you can use that as a switch.

TP-Link TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch costs £6.33

0 Ratings