cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Internet Connection.

My Internet hub is located in my living room. When I use my tablet in the living room I have not trouble connecting to the Internet. My desk top computer is  located upstairs and is connected to the Internet using TP Link routers plugged into electrical sockets. The trouble is my desk top loses connection to the Internet several times a day, even though the tablet stays connected all the time. Therefore there must be a problem with the TP Link routers. Can anyone suggest  a remedy, please? It's especially embarrassing when I lose the connection during a Zoom meeting.

I have been informed that the problem could be that the routers are on different curcuits and have different fuses in the fuse box. If this is the problem what can I do?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet Connection.

I assume you mean TP Link powerline adapters rather than routers. These devices are only as good as your mains wiring and can cause problems although usually they are reliable. The 2 devices being on separate ring mains sometimes does cause problems but not always.

The only certain way to resolve the situation is to run an Ethernet cable from your hub to your desktop PC

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@RichW1 

Which BT Home Hub are you using for your BT Broadband connection?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

According to my profile I have BT Halo 1.

0 Ratings