Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OAP41
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Internet Explorer 8. 9. & 10.

Go to solution

Apologies if my questions are a bit dumb, me and technology are parting company.

Currently I am using BT yahoo mail and have noted it is unsupported, with a tab to upgrade to the new yahoo experience.

Clicking the link I have Mozilla Firefox available for download.   Recently deleted Firefox as when replies to e mails are received, they are linked to the originals.  This may be convenient for some, but occasionally I have to reply, and often have already sent copy of original to someone else. Consequently any additional comments are seen by the original responder.

With BT Yahoo all e mails were separate.

In view of the withdrawal of support by Microsoft of Internet Explorer, are there any alternatives which are safe and if so how do I connect to them without changing mail adress and losing access to yahoo.

My system is Vista 32 bit operating on Windows 9

Before the change, for some reason MSM was installed by Microsoft, although I did not sign up for it.

I have trawled Microsoft site looking for answers to no avail, although media coverage of I E becoming unsported widely quoted in the media.

Apologies for length, but like I said, I am not conversant with what goes on behind the screen.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet Explorer 8. 9. & 10.

Go to solution
confused there is no windows 9 do you mean windows 10 also vista is a totally different operating system to windows 10 and they do not work together
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

You should download and use Firefox. You log on in exactly the same way as you do now

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

The reason your emails were linked in it would be because the settings on the email page would need changed.  Once you have downloaded Firefox log onto your BT email and go in to Settings (small cog icon)  select Viewing Email > When Viewing Messages > untick the box Enable conversations.

This should stop all the emails being linked together.

When you are replying to a message that has more than one recipient in the address bar ie in the CC box, that when you reply you do not select "reply to all" otherwise everbody in the CC will get a copy.

OAP41
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you for the explanation and easy to follow instructions.
Now have Firefox up and running, although still have to add the Icons (for regular use) on toolbar
Extremely grateful. Thank YOU.
0 Ratings