Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldtravs1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Internet connection but no internet channels

Hi all,

Not sure if this is best in BTTV or Broadband but I think it’s more relevant here;

Have switched to a mesh system in the house for coverage and using TP Link Deco 5 and using it sourced with an old Openreach Vdsl modem. All is good and all settings are working.

I’m getting internet connections to the Smart TV and BT box (Humax 4KUHD box) as the apps work no problems. But channels 307 onwards (Comedy Channel and up) don’t give any picture. If left long enough I get an IPC6002 error code on subscription channels.

I’ve tried VLAN IPTV settings but that kills the connection completely. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Internet connection but no internet channels

@Ldtravs1 

This is a problem with your network and not a YouView fault.

The TP Link Deco 5 is not passing the multicast streams which are needed for the subscription channels. Its nothing to do with the VLAN settings, you need to look for IGMP snooping options, it they exist.

It may be worth asking on the TP Link forum.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/39

Ldtravs1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith - I’ve done a billion searches and multicast has come up very infrequently but def something that sounds relevant.

I’d posted on Deco already too so was keeping an eye on both - figured BT community might know more from that side.

As a follow-up to the IGMP/Snooping point, are there values relevant to BT that I should be aware of or is it something that just needs switching on/activating? I’ll research independently as well

Thanks again
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The router needs to respond to requests from the YouView box. I am not really conversant with the method used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IGMP_snooping

You will need to look, or ask on their forum.

There is not mention of it in the specification.

0 Ratings
Ldtravs1
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Keith,

TP Link seem to think IGMP Snooping is enabled as default and still refers me to IPTV/VLAN settings; so not really helping.

One thing that changed yesterday - not sure if it is an indication of anything, is that Comedy Channel starting showing a picture - blocky and unwatchable and hardly any sound, but that was different to the black screen from before. Does that mean something else or are we still in a deadlock between needing either needing IGMP Snooping enabled or IPTV settings tweaked?
0 Ratings