cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Internet connection drops at the same time every night around 2am

Hi, I have been experiencing this problem for around a year and calling BT did not help at all.  They have never given me an answer to this issue and whenever I call, they just say that it's temporary or there's something wrong with the device. They even sent me a new hub (6) and it's still not fixed the issue. It was happening on my PS4 and now it's happening on my PS5 that I got literally yesterday so it cannot be the device. There is no restrictions or anything on my smart hub manager so I really don't know what could be causing this problem.  

Every device other than my PS4/PS5 works fine. I rang the playstation helpline first and they said it's to do with your ISP.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Internet connection drops at the same time every night around 2am

is it the internet connection to your hub that is dropping which would affect all devices or is it just the wireless connection to the hub fro your ps4/5?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

It’s just the wireless connection from the hub to my console.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

???

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Did you read the articles? This is what can cause the internet to drop. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I guess it's unlikely that someone is turning on an ancient CRT TV at 2am every day, but the point is: is there anything outside your network that comes on at this time that could be emitting an RF signal that causes the WiFi to go down? Like I said, it's a long shot, but worth ticking off just in case!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

do you have anything in your home that switches on or off about that time - boiler, lights ?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

no, that was the first thing I checked when I saw other people were having this issue
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

nothing comes on at this time, it's only my console
0 Ratings