Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffers1956
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Internet connection

Go to solution

My internet connection keeps dropping sometimes only for seconds but it is annoying microsoft diagnosis it says no wireless internet connection wireless router needs resetting then spends five minutes trying but cannot do it  then seconds later  I am connected again.

Anyone had anything similar.

Cheers

Jeffers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Internet connection

Go to solution

does the light on your hub change colour when this happens

have you checked your line  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jeffers1956
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Imjolly,

No the light does not change on the hub I had not checked my line but when I did it just kept repeating quiet line test so after a good few 7 or 8 I put the phone down and the phone is cordless.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If the hub light is not changing colour then internet connection appears ok and it is your wireless that is dropping

can you post hub stats. Advanced settings then technical log information 

have you tried selecting channels manually instead of leaving on automatic?

have you tried using wifi analyser to see the networks roundabout you and channels in use so you can select a free or less congested channel 

quite line test sounds ok from your description

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jeffers1956
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi imjolly,

Thanks I have loaded a wifi analyser and changed the wifi channel from 1 to 11 as recommended by the analyser hopefully this will do the trick but if not I will be back looking for more help.

Cheers

Jeff.

0 Ratings