cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarkElite10
Message 1 of 5

Internet occasionally drops out numerous times a day

Since we first got bt the internet occasionally dropped out roughly 6 times a day and only for seconds at a time but it is an issue for me as it disconnects me from Xbox live every time. We have contacted bt numerous times and so far they have sent us a new home hub 5 which didn't fix the problem,improve our internet speed which also didn't fix the problem, and sent an engineer round who did notfix it either. I am currently using the internet wireless but when wired the problem still remains. When the internet drops the home hub light remains blue. I've tried changing my wireless channels, splitting up the internet into 5ghz and 2.4ghz but no matter what the problem remains. Is there any solution to this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Internet occasionally drops out numerous times a day

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

After you have followed @Keith_Beddoe  post can you then post hub stats. If hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

enter phone number and post results remember delete number. 

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
DarkElite10
Message 4 of 5

Internet still dropping out. What’s the next step?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Please post the information as requested by @imjolly 

Is there any noise on your phone calls?

0 Ratings