cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Internet only works in one room in my house

Hi.

I can currently only get internet connection in the room where my BT hub is - this is a bit of a problem as the hub is in the dining room (due to the openreach master socket being located in there) but i am wanting to use my laptop in the living room & bedroom. Soon as i move out of the dining room i lose internet connection.  

I heard mini connectors could help but i googled it and it just said they're to do with BT tv, i couldn't see internet mentioned anywhere. Will getting mini connectors solve the problem i am having? If not, does anyone have any ideas how i can get internet in the rest of my house. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet only works in one room in my house

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

I have used both of the following, it depends on your home and the walls etc.
If you have no problems getting Wi-fi past the walls then the BT 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 750 is a good option. (Wi-Fi Extender)
If your Home Power (240v) wiring is good, but Wi-Fi performance between rooms is poor have a look at the BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit, or the Multi version if you require more than one room.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Wifi extenders are a very poor option in my opinion, they rely on being sited in a compromise location between the source and final sink of the required signal.

0 Ratings