cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Internet speed issues

Had the same router for about a year and had no problems until a few days ago I noticed was getting high ping and long loading on my browser and just slow internet speed overall. Decided to test my internet speed. (Before this my average speed was 35-40 mbs constant). My result in this test was around 3-9mbs. I decided to try and change a few adapter settings, update the adapters drivers but no change. Then decided to unplug the ethernet cord from my pc and the wall socket its plugged into. Plugged them back in and checked my speed again. It was all the way back up to around 40mbs but then about an hour later the problems came back. So tested it again  and saw it had dropped all the way down back to around 3-9mbs. No new devices have been bought and connected wirelessly so that cant be causing it. I checked if there was anything wrong with wiring in a diagnostic tool and it says they are fine. Pretty much where I'm at right now. I unplug and plug back in and my speed is way up for a bit. But then after several minutes to an hour it'll be dropped all the way down. I use ethernet with the BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit with wired AV600 Powerline and N150 Wi-Fi. Would really appreciate any help. P.s tested earlier and noticed my upload speed doesn't seem to change at all after the download speed does. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Internet speed issues

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

You need to remove the link to Amazon, as its not permitted on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

can you try and connect without the powerline adapters as it sound more like there is a problem with the adapters

have you tried resetting the adapters?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Using the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

My router is downstairs and my pc is upstairs so I wouldnt be able to connect straight to it. And as for resetting them I dont know how to do that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried just using hub and disconnecting hotspot/powerline adapter to see if they are causing your problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Well im connected wirelessly to my hub on my phone and it works fine. Fast speeds no drops so yeah its just the ethernet connection to my pc thats having problems.

0 Ratings