cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve2426
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Internet works fine, but devices (Smart TV, Xbox, Sky Q) when connected say ‘No Internet’

Hi, first time posting here!

I am not the bill payer for my household, but I am the most technically proficient in need a bit of help!

Lockdown has been pretty challenging and has put me into gaming and lounging around a lot more. On Tuesday past we got the new BT Smart Hub 2 with one black WiFi disc under the Halo programme. 

I wasn’t here when it was connected up and now all three devices (Sony Bravia Smart TV, Xbox One and Sky Q) all have registered as having no internet connection. Bear in mind, many other devices like phones and laptops work perfectly fine with the internet (it’s great!).

I’ve done all the usual resetting of everything as you’d expect, to no avail. I managed to get the Smart TV connected by fiddling in the admin hub of the WiFi and changing the 2.4GHz channel to 11 and 5GHz to 44. But the Xbox One and Sky Q still don’t have an internet connection, despite being connected. They both claim there to be an internet issue. 
I don’t quite understand firewall stuff and port forwarding, despite seeing that as a recommendation for the Xbox. Haven’t found anything for the Sky Q.

I’m completely at a loss now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Internet works fine, but devices (Smart TV, Xbox, Sky Q) when connected say ‘No Internet’

did you turn of smart setup

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Steve2426
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Internet works fine, but devices (Smart TV, Xbox, Sky Q) when connected say ‘No Internet’

Yes but it’s sadly done nothing.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

try turning off the 5ghz network and see if devices especially the SKYQ will connect.  if you get devices to connect then turn 5ghz back on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Steve2426
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Just tried it, still no luck 😞
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

try a factory reset of hub by pressing the recessed button on back and hold for 20/30 sec until light flash.  when hu reboots then turn off smart setup as before then see if devices can connect - manually not using WPS

0 Ratings
Steve2426
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

No luck. Sky Q says there’s a problem with the broadband. Broadband works fine though on mobile devices
0 Ratings