Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 91 of 348

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Hi guys

We had a quick intro offer on the Smart Hub 2 for £65 - we'd planned this as an introductory Black Friday deal, but chose to prioritise other stuff for those weeks - £100 is still a very good price.

Of course I'm biased 😉 ... our thinking was....

It's £5 per month for BT Plus customers - that's a lot better than going to the high street and paying £300+ for the hardware.

We think that it makes it much more accessible for millions of customers for a little more each month.  And, importantly we will continue to support it and do more to make the experience even better over time - which is why it's a service rather than just hardware.

1) We'll keep the firmware updgarded .... I'm sure that'll get some feedback 😉 .... but we do it to keep you guys secuire online

2) We'll provide the guarantee ... unlike kit you buy on the high street... we'll make sure you have wi-fi in every room

3) We offer much more customer service... If needed, we've got advisors that can help using VIdeo Call and if really necessary we've got engineers that can help with the setup... it's really simple to plug and play, but some customers may need that extra help

4) There will be new features coming as well over time... I touched on this in a previous post... we'll keep you updated

We want to help more people get better connected, for a price they can afford, and an experience that they love.... once you've got it ... if it's not ticking those boxes ... let me know.  🙂

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 348

Why are BT charging people to get better connected. Should BT not be doing that as a given for all its customers from the get go without having them "purchase/rent" additional equipment?

It's not as if BT aren't charging enough already for their packages.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 93 of 348

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 94 of 348

The more complex the system, the more likely it is to go wrong. The wifi channels are congested enough as it is.

Solution found at my daughter`s house which is old, and has thick walls. Used a number of hotspot 600 slave units to provde local wireless hotspots and two Ethernet ports in each room. Simple, very effective, and easy to manage.

There is very little wifi leakage from each room, and any overlap is dealt with by channel spacing.

BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 95 of 348

Ingenious solution :@Keith_Beddoe!

Compeltely agree - you want to minimise the amount of Wi-Fi kit in the home to reduce network overlap.

That's another reason why the Commplete Wi-Fi experience is structured as it is - get the right bits of high quality kit for each home in the UK to reduce network over-lap.  Ideally on the 5GHz network to reduce interference.  We've got some world leading experts at our research centre in Adastral - we've done a lot of analysis to make it as simple as possible for our customers.

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 96 of 348

@LukeBuxton

Time will tell, but I think you are going to be very busy sorting out issues. One  advantage of this new product, is that you are only dealing with BT Broadband customers, unlike the Whole Home system, which was open to all.

5GHz in my daughter`s house, never got out of the lounge, where the home hub was located. Now using a single band TP Link router.

Anyway, I am sure that some of the experienced forum members will watch with interestSmiley Wink

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 97 of 348

Cheers @Keith_Beddoe

We've had tech trials running for >6months in real customer homes.  And have thousands up and running already. 

So far it's been pretty quiet re: performance a few posts & calls, but not many - good news so far - and we're actively managing to make sure we are delivering on our guarantee.

Cheres

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 98 of 348

Sounds promising, I do know about the trials, as a few of the CLs were involved. I will watch this space once everyone starts connecting their new smart devices they get as presents.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 99 of 348

@LukeBuxtonwrote:

@stereohaven this is definately the case - I've triple checked with the Technology & Product teams.  I'll get on to the Legal guys about our T&Cs on Monday - it'e been a long week!

Thanks for the feedback!  We'll get it sorted.

Hi @LukeBuxton

I haven't had a chance to call but just tried the online order process again out of interest and nothing has changed in the Terms & Conditions area.

I'm nervous to order without a written guarantee because I had a similar issue when I moved to BT Plus, 3 "cast iron gurantees" that x would happen and that the website was wrong, followed by an apology when it became clear that what the 2 managers and 1 "expert" had told me on the phone wasn't correct. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ChrisB
Expert
Message 100 of 348

I don't know where you shop but BT Whole Home Wifi is currently less than £170 at Amazon for 3 discs. How is the guarantee in every room judged? BT won't send an engineer out to test it surely? I have an old, thick walled, six bedroomed house it might prove an interesting test...
0 Ratings