Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 101 of 348

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

@ChrisB

I think you may be talking about a different product. This is a new product marketed by BT. Its not the Whole Home system as described here https://www.shop.bt.com/learnmore/bt-branded-products-and-services/bt-whole-home-wi-fi/

whole home disk.jpg

This is the product being discussed on this thread https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/complete-wifi

complete wifi disk.jpg

Highlighted
ChrisB
Expert
Message 102 of 348

No, I was responding to LukeBuxton who, to quote said "that's a lot better than going to the high street and paying £300+ for the hardware." He was over egging why Complete Wifi is a better deal than just buying hardware.

Currently I use a Homehub5b and have an ethernet wired Access Point (D-Link DAP2660) that gives fair, but not complete, coverage over the house, but, of course, it isn't a mesh solution.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 103 of 348

Hi @ChrisB - fair point, clearly too possitive coming back into work on a Monday!  And, rushing comments on here as well as doing the day job.  It is a good product and I'm proud of the team that managed to bring it to market at the prices it's available for (... appreciate that was a bit controvertial given the chat over the weekend).

The feedback has been fed into the teams - updates will be coming over the coming weeks - we're optimising lots at the moment.

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 104 of 348

Been waiting a week for an order to be processed to get an additional disk, wanted two but you can only get one at a time.
Order can't be processed because due to a bug in the ordering system it sends out the initial order but doesn't flag it as delivered.
On setup it showed what I know in that it struggles passing the signal in houses with an extention, I'm unfortunately renting a double extension with the phone line coming into one of them.
Disk upstairs works well and even serves the room beside the extension hosting the smart hub 2!
Have spoken with BT four times trying to get the additional disk(S) without any luck, latest csr was best and actually gave me a case number, but couldn't process the order, saying I may have to wait at least 48 hours more for it to be picked up by the support team who can deal with it.
To the service itself, would be good if the hostnames entered into hub were shared with the app.
Upstairs reception much better and removing the access point is great.
The disk is not wall mountable due to the supply cable not having the same angled connection as the hub, think you got the specs the wrong way round.
Struggles sending a signal through solid walls, I have a double extension and work from home within the second one.
Access control not available via the app.
Still only dual band.
Did I mention I'm still waiting for a second/third disk.
Need to change channels so as to reduce interference with sky q.
But generally it may save me deploying the linksys velop I acquired the day before you released the service, if I can get the additional disks I require.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 105 of 348

Hi @Oemoore64 - one of my team will be in touch.  We'll make sure the extra disc is on it's way.  We shoudl be sending them out to you on the same day and delivery normally next day or day after  - I'll make sure that's the case.

The logic for only sending 1 extra disc at a time is because ideally you want fewer, better placed devices to get the best connection.  But, if your home does have multiple extensions with double brick walls - likely you may need more - but this is will be a rare situation.

The guys will ensure you're sorted asap.

Thanks for sharing your expeirence.

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 106 of 348

Hi @Oemoore64,

I'm sorry for all of the problems you've experienced with this.

As @LukeBuxton says we are going to look into this for you. I need your account/contact details to do so. I've made our contact link available to you. Can you please complete it for me? To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 348

I have today received a 2nd disk that is not tied to any order, I guess as a workaround to the bug in the system.
I will message my details so you can see what has happened.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 108 of 348

Thanks @Oemoore64,

I am really sorry for all the hassle, I am glad you have now received the second disk Smiley Happy

Yes, please still send your details so we can take a peek to see what went wrong.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 109 of 348

Sent
Gadgyt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 110 of 348

Despite the disc having a wall fixing point at the top, I also find that the placement of the power lead into the disc has not been thought through, pushing the disc away from the wall at a funny angle and making it look terrible. By utilising the ability to wall mount the disc it would have given more options for siting the disc which would provide better coverage, at present the disk has to be placed on a flat surface which could be in a less than optimal location. This could be improved by having the power plug angled as it is on the router though not ideal. Another option would be to supply a bracket that could replace the little feet and allow the disc to hang upside down.

I have a BT freeview box connected via an ethernet cable from the disc as I needed the socket to power the disc so had to remove an extender, the freeview box is working fine.

0 Ratings