cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 121 of 355

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

@JonathanAnsell Mine arrived as two shrink-wrapped boxes, taped together. Separately they'll fit through a 'normal' sized letterbox, together they won't. Luckily I was at home when the postman delivered.

0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 122 of 355

Just for info.
If you wonder why alexa devices always connect to the home hub, it's because they don't support connections to access points
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 123 of 355

How do they know the difference, a wireless SSID is a wireless SSID regardless of source.

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 355

@Oemoore64wrote:
Just for info.
If you wonder why alexa devices always connect to the home hub, it's because they don't support connections to access points

Hi @Oemoore64. One of my Alexa Shows is currently connected to the Disc on the ground floor. The other two located on the first floor are connected to the SH2 which is also on the first floor.

Annotation 2018-12-29 193049.jpg

0 Ratings
ralphrmartin
Contributor
Message 125 of 355

One thing not discussed on here - while there is a promise of WiFi in every room, what about the speed of connection?

I currently have 300 Mb/s Fibre, and it's not much use paying for that unless the WiFi will keep up. I don't see any guarantee that the WiFi will actually deliver a strong enough signal to give you the rated throughput of your Fibre connection. 

I currently have a set up which essentially has an access point in each "main" room, to guarantee sufficient WiFi speed, but it's a real pain switching between APs as I move around (devices typically stay connected to the last one used unless the signal gets "too weak"). I'd love to have everything working with a single SSID like this does.

I have a large 4 storey house, with very thick walls. I challenge BT to provide me with a system with >= 300Mb/s Wifi in every room. If this new system can do that, I will gladly rave about how good it is.

0 Ratings
Gadgyt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 126 of 355

My hub and two discs each have devices connected with a link rate of 866Mbps. These include echo devices and are spread between 2.4 and 5ghz and all is working fine. I do still have a spot in the house where I have a weak signal but haven't got round to contacting BT yet. I also have outdoor security cameras connected via wifi, pity the guarantee doesn't cover outside.
0 Ratings
cp1889
Message 127 of 355

Hi, apologies if this is already answered elsewhere.

Can users of this product use the BT Whole Home app (https://www.shop.bt.com/learnmore/bt-branded-products-and-services/bt-whole-home-wi-fi/) or are we stuck with the very limited My BT app? The Whole Home app has so much more functionality eg ability to control the kids' wifi use without having to turn it off for everyone at the hub. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 128 of 355

Don't think so.
you need to use the browser based app to get most of the real functionality, but even then it's limited compared to other offerings.
all said and done it does work well though
0 Ratings
cp1889
Message 129 of 355

Okay thanks. It would be good to see that functionality (working!) on this product - looks to be pretty standard for other mesh providers. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sammk6
Beginner
Message 130 of 355

Before I order this is anyone able to definitively confirm if I can have one UHD youview box connected directly to the hub and an additional youview box connected to the complete Wi-Fi disc’s Ethernet port as I’ve read and been told conflicting information. Obviously I don’t want to spend another £100, if it’s not going to work for what I intend.
0 Ratings