Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 141 of 347

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Hi @ralphrmartin

Having too many devices (even hardwired) could slow down the overall network - as you're creating Wi-Fi network contention by having too much kit.

But.... having said that.... Soon we'll also make it available to also buy discs on their own if you want to.  But, for the vast majority of customers we highly recommend letting us help you get the optimal number of devices for your home.  But, appreciate some of our customers (like you :)) are more techie and will want to customise the setup themselves.

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
jaymorley
Contributor
Message 142 of 347

Letting users decide would cost BT a fortune. Users would order too many with some not returning them. Even if people did send them back then that's more expense to them. I'd have loved another disc for upstairs however the reality is I don't need it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 143 of 347

Is there anyway of checking the discs firmware?

Do you happen to know what the latest firmware is for both the disc and hub?

Any ideas on a rough cost when you start to sell the discs?

🙂

0 Ratings
ralphrmartin
Contributor
Message 144 of 347

Thanks Luke, look forward to being able to buy disks

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 145 of 347

Hi @JonathanAnsell

To check the firmware - it's easiest to look in the MyBT app.  On the network tab.

It shoudl be on this version: v0.11.00.09070

If it's not yet  - please leave it connected and on overnight and it will update automatically.... note.... if you factory reset it you'll need to re-pair your home network.  So this is not recommended 🙂

For the prices of the Discs - they'll be £100.  But, as a Complete Wi-Fi customer tihs shouldn't be needed - unless you really want to deisgn your own home network.

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ralphrmartin
Contributor
Message 146 of 347

By the way, Luke, you may wish to point out to whoever is in charge of the BT website that it is broken, in the following way. When I went to look at "my deals" for ordering Complete Wifi, I got told that "You don't have a landline with us" and told me to phone up instead. I most certainly do have a BT landline (and can give you the number if you want it). I suspect this error happened because my landline comes through on the fibre with the FTTP, and I don't have a copper landline - presumably some check is going on for a copper landline rather than any kind of landline.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 147 of 347

Hi Luke

Just seen your post. Just plug my device in and added it back in. Just checked firwmare version and both are using the firmware version you stated. Still got the device connected to the router just to see if it makes any difference. Guess if it does it's not practical.

Sent RobbieMac my details but open to test anything.  I ordered an additional disk last Thursday so may well have tomorrow. Interested to see if it does the same.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Gadgyt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 148 of 347

I have factory reset both my hub and discs under instruction from BT as I had no internet connection and the discs were flashing random red and blue lights, I wasn't told about the firmware update but they worked for a while after resetting. Only one of the discs played up after that, I switched it off for a couple of days and now everything seems to be working ok. I have checked my discs and they have updated to the latest firmware.
0 Ratings
Heff2019
Beginner
Message 149 of 347

I have red the comments i am still at a loss why being 3 meters away from the Smart Hub 2 (in the same room) i am only getting 20 - 30mb download speeds when I do a speed test. This from my Macbook Air and iPhone 7.

I have 47 devices connected to 3 Discs including the Hub around the house, and most devices are doing nothing at the time of the tests.

My outgoing Netgear Orbi would perform will over 150mb when tested with results sometimes above 200mb. It does seem to me the Complete Wi-Fi solution does not have the performance are the other Mesh Providers.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 150 of 347

Hi @Heff2019 - can you drop me a private message.  That shouldnt be the case.  I'll get one of our tech team to look into it for you.  Next to your hub you should be getting 1/2/3/4/5/600s++++ and only be constrained by your input speed.

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings