Message 162 of 359

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Yes it discovers no new devices but shows the devices there but not connected
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 163 of 359

When I got my new hub on the Alexa app I had to click on the icon top left of screen (icon of 3 lines) and select Settings>Device Settings>Select the Echo device>Scroll down to WiFi network and click on ‘change’ and then re-associate the Echo with the new network following the instructions in the Alexa app. I don’t have any devices controlled by the Echo other than my Sonos and that works as it should after the setup process. 

0 Ratings
Mickeydoo1234
Beginner
Message 164 of 359

Did exactly the same as you. As I said Alexa works fine playing music and connecting to internet but is not controlling my smart light bulbs or smart sockets
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 165 of 359

Sounds like you’ve done everything right, hopefully someone else on here might have some ideas on what to do. Good luck.
0 Ratings
Heff2019
Beginner
Message 166 of 359

I have turned off Smart Set up as that caused problems with my daughters Amazon Kids Fire, my Alexa’s and Sonos Enabled Alexa are running my smart devices so maybe worth turned that off from the routers Admin page.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 167 of 359

Guys

I am getting frustrated with Complete wi-fi. It's the inconsistance of it. Also the support from BT has been patchy.  On the day I received my hub & disc everything worked fine apart from one room in my house had a poor reception.  I called and requested an additional hub it was sorted and I was told it would be 3-4 days. For the next few days the disc just kept turning red. In a house of two children who are connected most of the time I was just getting told the internet was down again. I powered off the disc  and also posted my issues on this site. I found others with similar issues. Some of the BT people responded saying we will get in touch and sort out. I even received a call to say we will call you soon. I had an email saying we are looking at your complaint. Not heard from anyone five days after that email. A week ago I rang up and said could a replacement disc be sent out as my disc constantly went red. They said sure. On Thursday I rang up and said I had no received my second disc or the replacement disc for the faulty one.  The guy told me it did not look like either had been sent out. He apologised and said I will make sure you get a disc sent out. The folowing day I received two discs dated the day before I called. I plugged these in and all three discs were blue and 80% of the time all three are blue. I work from home and have a fairly open downstairs. I can see two of the three discs during the day. They stay blue. For some reason  in an evening it's hit & miss. My son has started using his 4g on his phone now because  it's just so unrealiable. I am an early adopter to tech and i'm an IT manager responsibly for networking etc for a large firm so have a good understanding of technoligies. We use Cisco Access points throughout our offices with no issues. I was looking forward to have a good mesh network for an additional £5 a month. I don't want to pull out these discs and go back to a single router. I like the discs and want good coverage in my home.  I did start to log when the discs turned red and how long  and save the log from the hub but because I have had no one proactively call me to look at why my discs turn red I have stopped logging . I suspect another disc will turn up in a couple of days.  I just want someone to try an identify why the discs turn red so a possible resolution can be actioned.

0 Ratings
Mickeydoo1234
Beginner
Message 168 of 359

No that did not work
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 169 of 359

I noticed that the firmware on my SmartHub 2 and the black discs got updated last night. I've no idea what's changed, but hopefully BT are ironing out some of the oddities users experience.

My firmware version on the hub is now: v0.12.02.11078-BT (was v0.11.00.09070-BT) and the discs are: v0.12.88.10191 (not sure what the previous version was, but pretty sure it was v0.11 something)

I don't think you can force an update as they are rolled out by BT when they choose, but maybe it'll help.

(Maybe one of the mods could let us know what's changed in the update?)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 170 of 359

I noticed it too. When I was drafting my last post my discs were going red. Once it settled down I noticed the firware had updated. Fingers crossed something has improved in this version.

0 Ratings