cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 261 of 340

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

The discs self organise and will either connect back to the hub or daisy chain off of another disc depending on the best connection. You can check this out in the app or in the hub gui Advanced Wifi > My discs.

Once you place them around your house after the initial pairing next to the hub, they will chose how they connect together based on the best connection :smileyhappy:

0 Ratings
tractorgirl2
Beginner
Message 262 of 340

Thanks MTA - that sounds like good news. Will do some more reading and keep trying with the app. 

Haha - daisy chain - I knew there was a term for it!

0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 263 of 340

This is a "Copy / Paste from my original Post ... YOUR THOUGHTS ARE WELCOME >>>>> 

Yesterday I took delivery of my Spanking New BT Hub2 & a Disc ... (wowzers!!!) .... today (Less than 24 Hours later "Houston We have a Problem" ) 

We are all taught that each hub we get has TWO Wifi "Streams"   2.4 & 5.0 Ghz ..... Now,  We KNOW that the nearer you are to the hub the 5.0 Ghz is ALWAYS THE BEST ... & (Obviously) the further away you are the 2.4 is Better .. 

I "Had" a BT Hub 5 on which you can "Switch" your "Devises" to use EITHER CHANNEL  ... As my Sky Box & TV are less than 10 Feet from the hub I had them on the 5.0 Ghz channel & my other devices on the 2.4 Ghz Channel (these are "Remote" in other rooms from my router) 

So, I set up my Brand New Bt Hub 2 (with my New Disc)  ...... I found that my "NEAR" devices Automatically LOCK ON TO THE 2.4 Ghz .. (there-by Causing "problems" with my Streaming) ...& the "Far Away" devices LOCK ON to the 5.0 Ghz .. (Again causing "problems" ) 

On the Hub 5 you could Switch off "SMART" & there-by "Move" things from 2.4 to 5.0 (To get a "Better reception" ect ect.. )

On the NEW BT Hub 2 you CANNOT DO THIS ... Therefore I have basically Destroyed the "Reception" on my "Near" devices.. ...... To make this a bit "Clearer"  heres a list & their respective distances ..

TV.. 10 Feet from Hub.. (on 2.4 Ghz)......SHOULD BE ON 5.0 Ghz

Sky Box.. 10 Feet from Hub (on 2.4 Ghz) ... SHOULD BE ON 5.0 Ghz

My Mobile .. 60 to 70 Feet from hub (In my Office)  (on 5.0 Ghz) ... SHOULD BE ON 2.4 Ghz

Wifeys Laptop .. 60 to 70 Feet away from Hub (on 5.0 Ghz)... SHOULD BE ON 2.4 Ghz

Wifi "Disc" ...90 Feet away from Hub (on 5.0 Ghz) .. SHOULD BE ON 2.4 Ghz 

They are EXACTLY "BACKWARDS" ... & there is NO WAY to "Change them" within the hub settings .. 

Think this "Hub 2" & its "Disc" will be placed in its Green "Return bag" & whizzed off BACK TO BT ....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GamingPc321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 264 of 340

Fair comment, they are rubbish.

When the original Smart hub (homehub 6) was released, I plugged it in and immediately the speed of the BB connection dropped from 60odd Mbps to around 45, and never went back up, even after a week or more.

Having retained the homehub 5, I unplugged the 6 and reused the 5, and immediately speeds returned to around 60mbps and stayed there.

Sadly now, with the advent of ultrafast in the town where the exchange is, our speeds have dropped to less than 50mbps almost all of the time. It's disgraceful treatment!

And to be fair, I think that BT are being dishonest about the speeds of ultrafast too.

I helped my mate set his up the other day, we were told on the website that on the ultrafast fibre 2( their fastest service) that the fastest he could obtain would be 152mbps. With his permission and in his presence, I rang the sales line to organise the upgrade, reason is I'm more technically minded, we were then told be the telisales staff that the fastest his line could support would be 151-152mbps. Then when the engineer came round and set it up, he said, I can if you want test the line to see if it goes faster, sure enough we had it tested and the result was 330mbps, I then asked "my mate gets that for free does he?"    "No" he said, "you'll probably have to pay more"..

So they are being dishonest, the website is dishonest, the telisales staff are the same, hence the firm are too.

And the fancy shmancy smart hub 2 and disk are a joke!!

And the only way to get that working is to put an app on your phone which is going to spy on you! Disgraceful!

0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 265 of 340

Sorry Guys .. it was a Hub 6 I had previously ... The old reliable Hub 5 went to sing with the Choir Invisible bout 3 Months ago !! .. (Note the Monty Python Reference there !!! ) .. LOL!!
0 Ratings
GamingPc321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 266 of 340

Get on eBay mate or buy a third party router that's got lots of good reviews from different places... 😉

0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 267 of 340

@TheSeasider
The problem with the sky connection is due to Sjy only allowing its own products to connect at 5ghz.

I also have a concern that not all products conned at the right speed.
check that you are on v12 of the firmware as a start and do a factory reset.
use the browser app rather than the bt app, not many features in the bt app
0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 268 of 340

My Sky box is connecting to the 2.4 Stream .. (if you are correct then that explains why its **bleep** trying to watch catch up TV ..
0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 269 of 340

I am able to watch catch up with no issues, but have a multi disk set up.
it even removed the need for a sky extender
0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 270 of 340

On my old Hub 6 it took "seconds" to "download" a TV episode (& be "Available" to watch ...This Super Duper "Hub 2" . takes at least 10 to 15 Mins BEFORE it pops up with "Your Episode is Available to watch" .. (More than likely coz its "STUCK" connected to 2.4 instead of 5.0 ..
0 Ratings