Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lebouch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 331 of 348

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

@murphyabuwrote:
Set it up yesterday and it all appears to be working fine other than the fact I don't have all the 'Complete' options in the BT app.

What can’t you access in the app, out of interest? I’d be into buying the system but not paying £10 a month for it..

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 332 of 348

BT keep emailing me about complete wi-fi and I'm torn at the moment. The single Smarthub2 covers my flat really well, but as I have mentioned before, it doesn't quite reach the bathroom.

Is there a better/cheaper way of just getting that extra few feet of coverage (the signal keeps showing either a single bar, or loses it completely...on and off every few seconds)? £5 seems a bit steep to capture that one last room. Cheers
0 Ratings
lebouch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 333 of 348

@Retrovertigowrote:
BT keep emailing me about complete wi-fi and I'm torn at the moment. The single Smarthub2 covers my flat really well, but as I have mentioned before, it doesn't quite reach the bathroom.

Is there a better/cheaper way of just getting that extra few feet of coverage (the signal keeps showing either a single bar, or loses it completely...on and off every few seconds)? £5 seems a bit steep to capture that one last room. Cheers

This might sound daft but have you tried experimenting with relocating the hub? I’ve been looking into mesh systems myself recently and briefly had a couple of Ubiquiti systems before returning them.

I found that by moving my router (I use an Apple Time Capsule) from the hallway to the more centrally located living room I didn’t actually need the extra gear. It was only moving it about 20 feet but it made a huge difference.

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 334 of 348

Unfortunately I have several things connected by cable to the hub and moving it would require some serious re-wiring.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 335 of 348

@mb1972 You should try putting a disc next to your YouView box and plugging the Ethernet cable straight into the disc instead of the powerline. the discs and smarthub2 configuration work well with multicast and should work fine (if you can spare the disc).

0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 336 of 348

Scointer ..... Connecting a Hub Directly to a "Viewbox" (or in my case a Smart TV) .. I did not know this was a Possibility .... What would doing such a thing Do ???? ....MMMmmmmmmm I am VERY interested in this possibility Do Tell me more please !!
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 337 of 348

Not sure what you mean. Obviously you can connect your Ethernet port (if your device has one) directly to a router (homehub in BT speak) via a cable. You can also connect most devices to a repeater or access point (or a Wi-fi disc from BT). The big issue was that BTTV channels are multicast and most routers will not transmit multicast traffic so this was an issue for BTTV boxes connected by Wi-fi. The new smart hub 2 and disc combination from BT will do this fine. Of course Wi-fi will never be as good a connection as a direct cable but as long as you have a reasonable signal between your disc and router it should work fine. 

Does that make sense.

0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 338 of 348

At the minute I have a "Good" connection between my Disc & my Smart Tv ...I was wondering if I connected it via an Ethernet Cable we "MAY" get into the "Excellent" mode (& Therefore get a better "picture / Download" rate on the Smart tv ..
0 Ratings
mb1972
Beginner
Message 339 of 348

Thanks @scointer 

This is what I suspected I might need to do - so great to have that thought validated.  Just now need to put the hub else where to maximise coverage

0 Ratings
Highlighted
CYMRUCHRIS
Beginner
Message 340 of 348

I have had complete Wi-Fi since early March and only this week they have fixed the broadband dropping off. Now I have chance to use it properly I see although the wifi signal is good the wifi speed is very poor. I tested using the bt app yesterday in Front on engineer and router and I had 8.3mb down and 46 up this fluctuates all over the house. My kids can't play they're Xboxes although they have full signal either. Speaking to the person in charge of my complaint they don't guarantee wifi speed although I had a better speed with my hub 6 on infinity 2. What are my options 3rd party hub? Older hub6 ultrafast version? Was thinking on using the mesh system instead will that make a difference? Also can that be used with the smart hub 2? Any advice would be great paying over £60 a month only to be told only wired connections are guaranteed.

0 Ratings