Message 462 of 476

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

0 Ratings
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 463 of 476

@terry_g 

Are you paying for the Complete WiFi package? If so, and you have fewer than 3 discs, then BT should supply an additional unit FOC.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 464 of 476

@BigAydwrote:

Jim, I had the black disc originally and I wanted some more because of areas that had poor wifi. Under the original agreement you were supposed to be able to get two additional black ones under those circumstances. Despite numerous phone calls I never managed to get them. I gave up for a while and contacted BT just after Christmas and was told it wasn't possible to get additional black ones and I would have to purchase the whole home (white) ones instead. I now have four of them and the system is working great but it's annoying to be told one thing when you take out the contract only for reality to be something else entirely. Doubly so as people here are saying something different yet again.

I think given your experience you would have good grounds for being releesd from yor contract and getting a better deal minus BT Comlete WiFi.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 465 of 476

@arfurdentwrote:

chose the Complete WiFi black disk system as the monthly rental made sense when compared to buying a Google Mesh. Would not have been happy to have been treated like the person above.

It was a real pain phoning up twice to get two additional black disks, the agents did not seem to know anything about them

Why would you even consider Google Mesh when it can only be propoperly used when either using a seperate modem or a router that can be placed in Bridge mode. The smart choice would be to have purchased Wholehome which is the same product but over a two year contract works out hundereds of pound cheaper than BT Complete WiFi.

0 Ratings
arfurdent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 466 of 476

which is what I have done. The monthly cost of Whole Home versus Complete or Google made economic sense.

terry_g
Aspiring Contributor
Message 467 of 476

Slightly off message but there have been comments about the phone service from BT;  I had purchased new black discs as there did not seem to be a way to get the 'free' ones, only an upgrade to a whole new white system.

One new disc would not get beyond the purple starting up; phoned BT and a 20min call where the service person said he would raise the lack of black disc upgrade on web, jumped through hoops as his system said I should have three 'free' ones, is sending a returns bag and ordered a replacement;  the replacement arrived within 24 hrs and is working perfectly.

It obviously depends on who you talk to at BT - this chap went out of his way to resolve problem and sorted in 24 hrs!

0 Ratings
Mandydn74
Beginner
Message 468 of 476

hi there, is there a suggested maximum device connections for the router please?

0 Ratings
dephead2004
Aspiring Expert
Message 469 of 476

Decided to upgrade to complete Halo 3+. So far so good but a few questions for help please. New smart hub 2, new halo connect, 2 discs so far.

1) from this topic, I understood that my old 5 disc wwwf ( white) setup was incompatible with the black discs. Installing the complete wifi was a dream. I decided to leave the old white wwwf discs in place and connected. Two discs use Ethernet for the backhaul. It seems that the old guest wifi network is still active. It is showing in the wwwf app and those discs connected via Ethernet are still connected "excellent". The wireless discs are connected but orange. Not sure how this happens but it may prove to be a cludgy if expensive work around for providing a guest network which is not present in complete wifi.

2) is the a web based menu ( other than via the router) that can access the complete wifi details like at btwhole.home/index.htm which is a mine of useful info.

3) I have one problem with the hybrid connect device. Wherever I put it I seem only to get one bar on the mobile signal. On my phone I can squeeze 3 bars out in one location. Yes we have weak signal here but is 1 bar (there are 3 in all) going to do the job intended of compensating when bb goes down?

Any and all comments and questions will be welcome. Thanks

0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Contributor
Message 470 of 476

You can use the ip of the router to get to the Web menu with the admin password. 

For hybrid connect you just have to find a sweet spot to get multiple bars. Mine was at the back of the house.

It doesn't use the BT network, it supposedly uses EE, but I'm not so sure 🤔

0 Ratings