Message 251 of 348

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Please follow on from this post.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 252 of 348

Re: VHF radio interference from black disc

Great to hear @johnmpreston - thanks for sharing.

The reason for the interference is that they're both using the same frequency to send and receive signals.  When the disc is in the same room they both trying to "talk" at the same time and they're each drowining each other out!  Like a bad conversation!  As you've moved it away they're both able to listen beter 🙂

Thanks again for sharing - it's great both problems have been solved.

Devices expertLukeB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 253 of 348

Re: VHF radio interference from black disc

@LukeBuxton

I think you will find that the issue is due to RF radiation from the internal circuity of the disc, as there is a wide frequency difference between VHF radio frequencies of 88-108MHz, and the 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz wireless frequencies, so the likelihood of direct frequency interference is nil.

If you have poor a VHF (FM) radio signal, then even the small amount of RF radiation produced by the circuitry within the disc, will be sufficient to cause interference, even if the discs conform to EMC regulations.

I spent many years on Radio and TV investigation work, and these sorts of issues were becoming more common as electronic devices became more complex.

The solution was always to either move the receiver, or the source of interference, so they were no longer in proximity.

0 Ratings
stucbury
Beginner
Message 254 of 348

I am looking forward to the strat of my complete wi-fi in the morning. The new smart hub is due to be delivered tomorrow. I have a BT TV box in a differnet room to my current BT hub and therefore have to utilise mini conectors. What is the best option using my new complete wi-fi system?

A) Contiune to use the mini connectors fed from the new smart hub 2,

B) Connect the BT TV to the ethernet port of the new (repeater) disk. Assuming optimal placing for this put it within reach of the BT TV box.   

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
MTA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 255 of 348

@Oemoore64 - Skyq will only connect to 3rd party routers at 2.4 as far as I'm aware

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 256 of 348

@stucburywrote:

I am looking forward to the strat of my complete wi-fi in the morning. The new smart hub is due to be delivered tomorrow. I have a BT TV box in a differnet room to my current BT hub and therefore have to utilise mini conectors. What is the best option using my new complete wi-fi system?

A) Contiune to use the mini connectors fed from the new smart hub 2,

B) Connect the BT TV to the ethernet port of the new (repeater) disk. Assuming optimal placing for this put it within reach of the BT TV box.   

Thanks. 

Hi @stucbury, go for option A and keep your mini connectors as they are. 

BT TV set-top-boxes aren't officially supported over wi-fi connections (even if a lot of people have reported it working in various configurations). This topic came up further up this same thread - even if I appreciate it's a long thread to seek through 🙂

Device expertBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
stucbury
Beginner
Message 257 of 348

Thanks very much. I went for option A and all working beuatifuly. Very pleased the speed in the main room (where I have most of my devices) has increased markedly. 

I did search and look back a few pages in the thread but could not find that post. 

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 258 of 348

@stucburywrote:

Thanks very much. I went for option A and all working beuatifuly. Very pleased the speed in the main room (where I have most of my devices) has increased markedly. 

I did search and look back a few pages in the thread but could not find that post. 

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. 

Hi @stucbury , good to hear it's working well for you.

The earlier post I mentioned is way further back than I thought - I had to check again... It's message 39 in this thread. Time flies Smiley Happy

Device expertBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Myredem
Beginner
Message 259 of 348

Hi, I've recently upgraded to Complete WiFi and am very pleased with it. I have good WiFi everywhere now but would like a second disc for the Ethernet connection. I find the first disc gives a brilliant ethernet connection, much better than power line adaptors which I was using previously. I would be happy to pay for the second disc if necessary. Would it be possible to get one?

0 Ratings
tractorgirl2
Beginner
Message 260 of 348

Can someone confirm whether with complete wifi (black discs)  a) all the discs have to connect back to the hub or b) the broadband can leap from disc to disc?

I currently use sonos where the links can mesh across any of the parts of the network, so a signal can jump from one box to another to reach distant spots in the house. I assumed complete wifi, as a mesh network, would work this way as I need it to reach to a two bedroom annex (as explained in my call, before placing my order) - so I was hoping a hop to one disc, then on to another. However, it does not appear to support this since each disc has to connect back to the hub during set up.

Neither the speedtest nor troubleshooting will work on my ipad. Note that I live in a modern eco-type house with loads of insulation!

An answer or any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm on ultrafast 2 (yippee - after many years with super slow broadband)

0 Ratings