Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy9164
Aspiring Contributor
Message 371 of 467

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Hi and thanks for replying.

So my house roughly is as below... , all one level, (not to scale) The Hub is in the middle front as this is where BT brought the fibre in which is the main lounge and the 2 dead spots are highlighted. I can put the disk in either area below the dead Zones  and they work well and give me good coverage in the relevant areas and increase the wifi strength to -55dBm,which is a big difference,  hence the reason for an additional disc so I can have one either side.

Layout.jpg

I did try the number a couple of times today but just seemed to just get stuck waiting.

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 372 of 467

It's a nice sales pitch, saying you get up to two more discs "free", but getting them is a whole other ball game. I only installed my disc yesterday, but because like others here, I have a long property, it doesn't reach all the way to the far end of my flat. 

But of course, does the site allow you to say "I am not getting coverage" which is most cases is probably why people need extra discs, of course it doesn't.

Instead I did the testing and it found, even with the coverage now, that some connected items had weak coverage. But then nothing after that? It says it has reported a fault? But I don't have a blummin' fault, I just need extra coverage, so give me the option. It's not like this is a cheap way to get wi-fi coverage, after 2-3 years you'll have paid a pretty penny for these discs, and they are only rented even then!

edit: and if it is going to tell me to use the included ethernet cable to first connect the disc to the router, then at least include the cable which is mysteriously missing.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 373 of 467

Don't get confused the BT Complete WiFi is not "BT Whole Home WiFi" the products are not interchangeable. Also the Kit provided for BT complete WiFi is part of the service ,but has to be returned at the end of the contract or you have to pay ..
see:
https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo
0 Ratings
Andy9164
Aspiring Contributor
Message 374 of 467

I thought it was just me. I didnt get an ethernet cable either, luckily I had one.

I have an "open fault" but I didnt open it, it just appeared.

Have done my testing using a wi-fi analyser and by moving discs and proved I need an additional disc. Hopefully someone from BT looks at these threads and can just get someone to send me one.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 375 of 467

If you need an extra disc all you need to do is call the BT help team, it's a lot quicker than waiting on the mods etc picking up on here

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 376 of 467

Your BT hub allows you uptown 3 disks but each disc is paid per disk. You do t get anything for free. 

0 Ratings
Andy9164
Aspiring Contributor
Message 377 of 467

So in my BT account it says this

"if one Wi-Fi Disc doesn’t give you wi-fi in every room, we’ll send you additional discs free of charge. "

So do I interpret that as I dont pay for P&P but I get charged extra for the disc or do they send me a disc and I dont have to pay anything?

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 378 of 467

Correct, free P&P but pay for each disc monthly or however you pay.
0 Ratings
Andy9164
Aspiring Contributor
Message 379 of 467

OK thanks for confirming, thats good to know. So very cleverly worded by BT.

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 380 of 467

Hang on, so the postage is free, but it's a separate charge for each disc that you have? That makes it even worse that you have to start phoning them up then! 

If I am paying for each disc, then just give me the option to order a second disc for goodness sake. I hate how they have sneakily worded everything. I mean, the whole "if you get a weak signal through testing, we'll send you another disc", just doesn't take into account "I don't actually have coverage in room X or Y"

0 Ratings