Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 401 of 420

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

@lnajr02wrote:

The hub and discs provided by BT remains BT property check your T's and C's if you don't return you are charged. 

I'm aware of this. Doesn't apply if you purchase the products outright though, be it WH or CW. The above makes them an even less attractive a proposition.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 402 of 420

@lnajr02wrote:

I think the only technical advantage is scheduling and control of devices example turn kids internet off at night.  And some advance controls that are not currently available on BT complete WIFI .  If it's just WIFI coverage and mesh working it's the same.

I believe you are correct regarding the WiFi and Mesh. You can actually 'pause' individual devices with Wholehome which is basically the same as parental controls with CW, though it's not something that applies in our household as we're way past that.  I believe CW is a lock-in product and WH is a better and much cheaper option for many in that respect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 403 of 420

Problems Extending the Wi-Fi throughout the house

I've just installed the new Smart Hub 2 and Wi-Fi disc.  The wi-fi doesn't reach the room with the TV or rooms upstairs. How do I contact BT to get more smart discs? I just seem to go  in circles with the MyBT app.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 404 of 420

Re: Problems Extending the Wi-Fi throughout the house

@Steffi wrote:

I've just installed the new Smart Hub 2 and Wi-Fi disc.  The wi-fi doesn't reach the room with the TV or rooms upstairs. How do I contact BT to get more smart discs? I just seem to go  in circles with the MyBT app.  

From a post by a device expert.

Follow the steps on the Broadband troubleshooter and if you've still got wi-fi issues we'll send you an extra disc.  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9941/~/troubleshoot-bt-phone-and-broadband-faults (if the link doesn't work - search BT Troubleshooter / Call 0800 800 150 and our help team will support quickly)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 405 of 420

Having order complete wifi on renewal I explained that I had a big house with concret walls and with no signal in one of the bedrooms - was sent one disc and advised I just call up for another.

Installed the one disc as advised on the app - got a little signal - user the app - was advised the signal was weak - used the troubleshooter - still a weak signal - app says order a disc on line or call.

Could not find anywhere to order on line - so I called........

First time at 1pm advised all staff in a meeting to 3:15 pm and please call back - no-way I was going to do that as it would be too busy.

Left a couple of days and called - in a queue for 18 minutes then rang through to advisor who cut the line off before I could speak.

I stayed with BT because I did not want hassle of changing (and buying a mesh system) - meant to be easy - this is awful service and no doubt I will ow have more wasted time going through the same things I have already gone through when I call again...

This is an abysmal service.....

Sorry - really fed up with BT now.....

Why can they not put an order extra disc either in the app (which confirms the signal is weak) or on the website (which the app says to use) - especially when BT know how busy the call lines are?????

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 406 of 420

Does the 'first' disc need to be connected by Ethernet to the router, or is there a way of configuring it to work wirelessly (even if the set-up requires an initial connection to the router which is later disconnected in favour of the Wi-Fi)?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 407 of 420

Hi

Just installed and the first disc did need to be connected to the router via Ethernet cable until it paired - then worked wirelessly.

Though I had an issue when pairing wirelessly - but it turned out the disc was updating its operating system (or firmware?)

Since then it has worked great with mush improved wifi around the house - although it still does not reach the furthest parts of my house (have concrete internal walls) and the app tells me a another disc is needed and to order from the web or call.

There is no way to order a second disc from the web and it is proving impossible to get through to BT to order another one - appallingly bad service in this respect.........

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 408 of 420

Thanks. That what I thought should happen but when I disconnect the ethernet I get a red light and no connection. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 409 of 420

@LuigiX 

This thread is referring to the BT Complete Wifi  (black) discs, and the BT Smart Hub 2 as stated at the start of this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Introducing-Complete-Wi-Fi-from-BT/td-p/1901302

The white BT Complete Wifi (retail) discs, are totally different, and are designed to work with any router, but cannot be linked via wireless, to your router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 410 of 420

Thats what I got when I moved it to the new location.
Keeping it very close to the router and allowing it to update solved my issue.
Hope it works for you.
0 Ratings