Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSeasider
Contributor
Message 441 of 467

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

@Jim-lad ,
Weird you should mention that I was a Brit Gas Eng fer 44 Years before I retired Mate .. & one of the ONLY places STILL to have "Gas Street Lamps" is Buckingham Palace .. (All the Inner Court Yard has Brass Lamps) I got my **bleep** kicked by the "Senior Footman" for leaving "Finger Prints" on the Brass after I had Serviced them !!!! LOL!!!

0 Ratings
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 442 of 467

@Jim-lad  As a (retired) electrical engineer I did not expect the powerline adapters to be the cause of the problem. However, the BT / Openreach RF tests showed massive interference which progressively reduced, and finally disappeared, as each of the three powerline adpaters was switched off. The noise re-appeared each time one of the devices was switched back on. The manufacturer admitted (rather grudgingly) that they had seen this problem before and, although the devices were out of warranty, they agreed to exchange them for other products.
Great service from BT / Openreach.

0 Ratings
BigAyd
Beginner
Message 443 of 467

Shame that BT are no longer interested in supporting this and push you onto wholehome instead which you have to pay for. I got the one disc with my original system but despite several attempts could never get any additional discs for the black spots. Tried again after several months to be told it's whole home only now and that will be £300 please sir.

0 Ratings
arfurdent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 444 of 467

so are you saying BT are no longer supplying the black wifi disk system?

0 Ratings
BigAyd
Beginner
Message 445 of 467

If they are I couldn't get hold of any. Tried for over a year after getting the first one and got passed from pillar to post. Rang up again just before Christmas and was told I had to use whole home if the single disc I got for my hub wasn't enough.

Just about had enough with BT to be honest. Everyone you speak to gives you a different story and the price keeps going up and up with add-ons I don't want added in and ones I do want taken away.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 446 of 467

I've asked a passing mod to look into this, Complete Wi-Fi is still sold and definitely still suported for existing customers.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 447 of 467

@BigAyd wrote:

If they are I couldn't get hold of any. Tried for over a year after getting the first one and got passed from pillar to post. Rang up again just before Christmas and was told I had to use whole home if the single disc I got for my hub wasn't enough.

Just about had enough with BT to be honest. Everyone you speak to gives you a different story and the price keeps going up and up with add-ons I don't want added in and ones I do want taken away.

Hi @BigAyd 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm really sorry for the incorrect information you were given.  When you order Complete Wi-fi, we will send you one disc with the Smart Hub 2.  If one disc isn't enough to give you wall to wall coverage, we will send you up to an additional two discs.

We can help from here if needs to but before that, could you try this --> online troubleshooter <-- as you may able to order another disc that way yourself.  It would take us a few days to get back to you as we are a small team.

Let me know how you get on with the above 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 448 of 467

@BigAyd  are you conflating two completley different products here? BT Complete WiFi uses Black disks, BT Wholehome (which will always be my prefered choice) uses White Disks.

0 Ratings
BigAyd
Beginner
Message 449 of 467

Jim, I had the black disc originally and I wanted some more because of areas that had poor wifi. Under the original agreement you were supposed to be able to get two additional black ones under those circumstances. Despite numerous phone calls I never managed to get them. I gave up for a while and contacted BT just after Christmas and was told it wasn't possible to get additional black ones and I would have to purchase the whole home (white) ones instead. I now have four of them and the system is working great but it's annoying to be told one thing when you take out the contract only for reality to be something else entirely. Doubly so as people here are saying something different yet again.

0 Ratings
arfurdent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 450 of 467

chose the Complete WiFi black disk system as the monthly rental made sense when compared to buying a Google Mesh. Would not have been happy to have been treated like the person above.

It was a real pain phoning up twice to get two additional black disks, the agents did not seem to know anything about them

0 Ratings