cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 451 of 471

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

I too have the BT Complete WiFi. Getting a second disc was quick and easy - one phone call and second disc arrived the following day. I guess that it must depend on who you talk to and at which call centre.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 452 of 471

@arfurdentwrote:

chose the Complete WiFi black disk system as the monthly rental made sense when compared to buying a Google Mesh. Would not have been happy to have been treated like the person above.

It was a real pain phoning up twice to get two additional black disks, the agents did not seem to know anything about them

Hmm! to expensive for my blood. I currently use the BT Wholehome triple pack (cost me just over £100 a few years back) paired with a BT Smarthub - I own all the equipment and pay less than £30 a month for 65/20 unlimited Infinity 2. BT keep emailing me with a fanastic offer to upgrade to Complete WiFi for equipment I will never own for £43 a month. You don't need to be Einstein to work out which is the best deal. BTW Google WiFi would be a waste of money unless you invest in a seperate modem or router you can put into Bridge mode - double NAT issues.

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 453 of 471

As commented guess it depends on the agent......

My one actually checked the signal strength in various parts of my property and then agreed that I needed an extra disc and sent one.

It was a bit of a pain to do - but probably worth while as it confirmed what was needed where.

Total was one of the reasons I renewed - I could probably have got a cheaper deal elsewhere but did not want the hassle of changing my overall set up - just adding discs with a new router was easy.....

0 Ratings
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 454 of 471

Changing my BT package to BT Complete WiFi at last renewal was a 'no-brainer' for me - new hub and two discs for a marginal increase in cost of around £2 / month. (Renewals are always negotiable!) Yes, I could almost certainly have saved a little money by switching to another provider but no way did I want that hassle. BT has always given superb service and I have no desire to change.

Jim-lad
Expert
Message 455 of 471

@Gwyndy  I have no intention of changing from BT as I like the service. However, to change from Wholehome mesh to BT Complete WiFi which is essentially the same product would be madness as I already own all the equipment. With Complete WiFi I will never own the kit plus it will only work with BT BB unlike WH. I did speak to BT about negotiating a deal for Complete WiFi and they admitted they couldn't get anywhere near my present contract. 

0 Ratings
stevenson_tj
Beginner
Message 456 of 471

I know I need at least one more disc and the My BT app has recently run a test which says that some of the devices connected to the network are experiencing weak signals (so therefore BT 'knows' it). This was part of the process of reporting a fault, which then just sits there for weeks with nothing offered from BT.

How do I get them to send me a disc which I plainly need according to their own tests?

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 457 of 471

Hi

I had the same - the app said weak wifi in placed......

Phoned BT and asked for another disc - they asked me to go to the parts of the house with the weak wifi to verify this - which the agent could then see - and they then sent the extra disc.

0 Ratings
terry_g
Aspiring Contributor
Message 458 of 471

I have run the tests that show the connected devices with good or strong signals. The problem is one of those devices is a WiFi dongle and not the computer - I want another disc to be able to cable the computer to the disc as the computer does not have built in WiFi. How can I purchase a Black disc - they are not in the BT Shop.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 459 of 471

@terry_gwrote:

I have run the tests that show the connected devices with good or strong signals. The problem is one of those devices is a WiFi dongle and not the computer - I want another disc to be able to cable the computer to the disc as the computer does not have built in WiFi. How can I purchase a Black disc - they are not in the BT Shop.

hi @terry_g   There are probably over 60 available on a well known auction site.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 460 of 471

@terry_g wrote:

I How can I purchase a Black disc - they are not in the BT Shop.

Yes they are https://www.bt.com/broadband/accessories/

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings