Message 462 of 468

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

0 Ratings
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 463 of 468

@terry_g 

Are you paying for the Complete WiFi package? If so, and you have fewer than 3 discs, then BT should supply an additional unit FOC.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 464 of 468

@BigAydwrote:

Jim, I had the black disc originally and I wanted some more because of areas that had poor wifi. Under the original agreement you were supposed to be able to get two additional black ones under those circumstances. Despite numerous phone calls I never managed to get them. I gave up for a while and contacted BT just after Christmas and was told it wasn't possible to get additional black ones and I would have to purchase the whole home (white) ones instead. I now have four of them and the system is working great but it's annoying to be told one thing when you take out the contract only for reality to be something else entirely. Doubly so as people here are saying something different yet again.

I think given your experience you would have good grounds for being releesd from yor contract and getting a better deal minus BT Comlete WiFi.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 465 of 468

@arfurdentwrote:

chose the Complete WiFi black disk system as the monthly rental made sense when compared to buying a Google Mesh. Would not have been happy to have been treated like the person above.

It was a real pain phoning up twice to get two additional black disks, the agents did not seem to know anything about them

Why would you even consider Google Mesh when it can only be propoperly used when either using a seperate modem or a router that can be placed in Bridge mode. The smart choice would be to have purchased Wholehome which is the same product but over a two year contract works out hundereds of pound cheaper than BT Complete WiFi.

0 Ratings
arfurdent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 466 of 468

which is what I have done. The monthly cost of Whole Home versus Complete or Google made economic sense.

terry_g
Beginner
Message 467 of 468

Slightly off message but there have been comments about the phone service from BT;  I had purchased new black discs as there did not seem to be a way to get the 'free' ones, only an upgrade to a whole new white system.

One new disc would not get beyond the purple starting up; phoned BT and a 20min call where the service person said he would raise the lack of black disc upgrade on web, jumped through hoops as his system said I should have three 'free' ones, is sending a returns bag and ordered a replacement;  the replacement arrived within 24 hrs and is working perfectly.

It obviously depends on who you talk to at BT - this chap went out of his way to resolve problem and sorted in 24 hrs!

0 Ratings
Mandydn74
Beginner
Message 468 of 468

hi there, is there a suggested maximum device connections for the router please?

0 Ratings