Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 21 of 103

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

We'll look into it

Brilliant wi-fi in every room of every home in the UK is what we've been obsessing about.  We can always tweak our networks / kit in the future to bring our customers even better experiences.

Cheers

BT Device ExpertLuke
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 103

@LukeBuxton wrote:

As it comes with  BT Broadband - you can use your BT Wi-Fi hotspot at home for your guests to get online.

Does that not mean you have to give the guests your BTID and password in order to log on if they are not BT Broadband customers and can use their own?

EDIT: Just saw your cumbersome method of using BTWifi for guests!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 103

You can get the package now.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Contributor
Message 24 of 103

There's some info online about the Smart Hub 2 here - https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/smart-hub/?s_cid=con_FURL_smarthub

The big differences are:

1) It works with Complete Wi-Fi - to get wi-fi in every room guaranteed

2) It works with every broadband techonlogy - ADSL / VDSL / G.Fast / FTTP - removing the techieness.  It works with Broadband / Fibre & all Ultrafast tech.

3) It's also got some new voice tech in it / Dect - one for the future

4) you can use the MyBT app to optimise your home Wi-Fi setup, see what kits online and make some tweaks

5) It continues to deliver a more powerful wi-fi signal than any other provider in the UK - this also helps with Compelte Wi-Fi as it means you can locate your first Wi-Fi disc further away from the hub getting wi-fi to even more places. 

Thank you, plenty to think about.

If anyone is interested, it seems BT have re-run their Wifi tests including the Smart Hub 2, techy details here:

Our Smart Hubs - How we substantiate our claims

ChrisB
Expert
Message 25 of 103

I'm already a BT Plus customer with a, substantially discounted, contract running until early 2020. Would I have to re-contract to get the Smart Hub 2 and complete wi-fi? Would I keep my substantial discount?

Another little point the My BT app no longer works on my tablet (said now to be incompatible). Why?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 26 of 103

@stereohaven - good to hear.  There are also loads more benefits by being a Plus customer too if you've not signed up already.

@ChrisB- it's £5 more a month for Plus customers.  Login to your my deals section in myBT if you're interested.

Let me know once you've got it ;-) - keen to hear your feedback

BT Device ExpertLuke
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Contributor
Message 27 of 103

I installed it today - very easy to set up. I had a three-disc Whole Home setup previously, although two discs was probably ample.

So far, with the one disc and SmartHub 2, I appear to have a full wifi signal throughout the house Smiley Happy My house is a modern, three-bed semi with mostly block internal walls, rather than stud-work. So far (after three hours use!), it looks to work as advertised.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days and then try to flog my 3-disc set on a well-known auction site.

BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 28 of 103

@Paul_31 - brilliant news Smiley Happy - great to hear it's working so well.

BT Device ExpertLuke
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 29 of 103

No My Deals section on my My BT. How would I keep my discount? Why does the MY BT app not work on my Tablet any more?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 30 of 103

For MyBt issue.

On the iPad there’s an update to be made before you can open the app. iOS version 12.1 here.

The update doesn’t come through by the automatic process though....You have to go to the Apple store.

Somehow the app update came through on the iPhone, but processor is much faster than the old iPad.

There was an Android phone update too.

0 Ratings