licquorice We'll look into it
Brilliant wi-fi in every room of every home in the UK is what we've been obsessing about. We can always tweak our networks / kit in the future to bring our customers even better experiences.
As it comes with BT Broadband - you can use your BT Wi-Fi hotspot at home for your guests to get online.
Does that not mean you have to give the guests your BTID and password in order to log on if they are not BT Broadband customers and can use their own?
EDIT: Just saw your cumbersome method of using BTWifi for guests!
There's some info online about the Smart Hub 2 here - https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/smart-hub/?s_cid=con_FURL_smarthub
The big differences are:
1) It works with Complete Wi-Fi - to get wi-fi in every room guaranteed
2) It works with every broadband techonlogy - ADSL / VDSL / G.Fast / FTTP - removing the techieness. It works with Broadband / Fibre & all Ultrafast tech.
3) It's also got some new voice tech in it / Dect - one for the future
4) you can use the MyBT app to optimise your home Wi-Fi setup, see what kits online and make some tweaks
5) It continues to deliver a more powerful wi-fi signal than any other provider in the UK - this also helps with Compelte Wi-Fi as it means you can locate your first Wi-Fi disc further away from the hub getting wi-fi to even more places.
Thank you, plenty to think about.
If anyone is interested, it seems BT have re-run their Wifi tests including the Smart Hub 2, techy details here:
I'm already a BT Plus customer with a, substantially discounted, contract running until early 2020. Would I have to re-contract to get the Smart Hub 2 and complete wi-fi? Would I keep my substantial discount?
Another little point the My BT app no longer works on my tablet (said now to be incompatible). Why?
I installed it today - very easy to set up. I had a three-disc Whole Home setup previously, although two discs was probably ample.
So far, with the one disc and SmartHub 2, I appear to have a full wifi signal throughout the house My house is a modern, three-bed semi with mostly block internal walls, rather than stud-work. So far (after three hours use!), it looks to work as advertised.
I'll see how it goes over the next few days and then try to flog my 3-disc set on a well-known auction site.
For MyBt issue.
On the iPad there’s an update to be made before you can open the app. iOS version 12.1 here.
The update doesn’t come through by the automatic process though....You have to go to the Apple store.
Somehow the app update came through on the iPhone, but processor is much faster than the old iPad.
There was an Android phone update too.