Message 311 of 322

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Switch it with the power adapter from the hub
0 Ratings
Spills84
Beginner
Message 312 of 322

I have a 3 storey house and have my ont box in the understaors cupboard on bottom floor.

I have 2 discs on middle floor both with excellent connection and on top floor one disc with a good connection

Thecsppeds started out great over 80mbps download, Howe er they have no decreased to 40mbps download

Upload is always around 30mbps wherever I am in the house.

I am on ultra fast fibre, is there anything I can do to get speeds to where they were the other day when I first installed the discs?

Also I have a ring doorbell 2 which is no more than 15ft from the smart hub 2, but always has a weak connection, any help would be great on both issues, thanks
0 Ratings
Castrol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 313 of 322

Outside of the guarantee itself, is it possible to add more than 3 discs say for example to extend into the Garden or to the shed.

Understand BT have no committment to provide, just want to know if it's possible please.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Maximum-number-of-discs-with-Complete-Wifi/td-p/1941226

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 314 of 322

I think its best to order one at a time, so if one came with the Hub, then go to the website and order another one. I think it will depend on the distance from the Hub, but at £5 a month rental for each disc, take that into account too. The BT Administrator will confirm this if it's possible.

0 Ratings
Spills84
Beginner
Message 315 of 322

I am on ultra fast fibre, have 3 discs, all saying excellent connection, but wherever I go in the house the max I get Is 70mbps, even when I'm next to a disc and the signal is 100% I only get 70mbps.

This is an ok speed but when 146mbps is going to the hub, but only 70mbps comes out then what can I do to improve it? I have the ont box and hub in the under stairs cupboard (cant be moved) Then 1 disc on each floor of my house, so 3 in total

Please help
0 Ratings
emangana
Message 316 of 322

I have eventually got the fibre (after 2 years) in my property. The new contract will start next week. What should I do if the complete wi fi is required? I currently have issues to get my broadband in my kitchen and living room.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Castrol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 317 of 322

Hey All,

Does anyone know how the discs actually loop together, what I mean by that is does each disc link directly the hub or a bit like an electrical circuit does disc 1 link to the hub, disc 2 link to disc 1 and disc 3 link to disc 2 etc.

Just wondering if i have the 3 discs set out in the best way

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 318 of 322

The instruction in the box when the hub arrived explained how to link up the disks. You take the disk to the hub, and using any yellow ethnet cable, there's one in the box of the hub, you connect each disc to the hub, then take the disk to the required spot in the property and plug it into a wall socket. Keep the hubs password handy as you may need that too. Once they are connected, the BT exchange do their connection and system works, follow all instructions, even ones that tell you to turn off the disc and on again. I just followed the instructions in the hub box or BT website.

0 Ratings
Castrol
Aspiring Contributor
Message 319 of 322

Haha thanks Moe70, yep I understand how to turn them on, I was asking more about how they actually connect to one another. 

So do they individially link to the hub, or in effect is it like an electrical circuit that they loop from one to the other.

If it's the latter i'm wondering then if it matters where i place the discs to optimise the "loop", if it's the former then it's not something that matters.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 320 of 322

It connects up via the electrics in your home as they are wifi and being tuned into the hub, they work independently via their own power supply.

0 Ratings