cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moe70
Contributor
Message 321 of 340

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

I moved my disc from the living room into the hallway as I have a fish tank and they can't be near water or electrics in the tank. It's now on the floor above the hub ( I have a town house), so it's really a matter of finding where the best area to put it.

0 Ratings
Message 322 of 340

@Castrol wrote:

Haha thanks Moe70, yep I understand how to turn them on, I was asking more about how they actually connect to one another. 

So do they individially link to the hub, or in effect is it like an electrical circuit that they loop from one to the other.

If it's the latter i'm wondering then if it matters where i place the discs to optimise the "loop", if it's the former then it's not something that matters.

Cheers

Hi @Castrol they work as wireless mesh network so the discs and hub connect together to provide the strongest signal. When setting them up on the app it should offer you advice of where they are best placed around your home to optimise the coverage. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
murphyabu
Message 323 of 340

I have been given a smart hub two and a disc by a friend. Do I need to have subscribed to BT Complete to use the WiFi and discs? I can't see any menu regarding disc placement and range checking etc. Thanks
0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 324 of 340

Yes, you have to notify BT so they know where their Hub is and connect you, then bill you.

0 Ratings
murphyabu
Message 325 of 340

Set it up yesterday and it all appears to be working fine other than the fact I don't have all the 'Complete' options in the BT app.
0 Ratings
Message 326 of 340

@murphyabu as you have found out it will work without the complete wifi subscription however it isn't covered by the complete wifi guarantee and you can't use the complete wifi features in the MyBT app.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jnorris235
Aspiring Contributor
Message 327 of 340

I hope I have set the questions out for quick Yes or No answers so as not to test your patience.
There seem to be conflicting answers to some of these questions on this forum!

I have FTTP and use ethernet cable from Openreach box to Smart Hub2.
Fine. It works!!

Pair it using ethernet to SmartHub then disconnect and move Disc1 to somewhere within line of sight because of thick stone walls.
Is a “good”signal OK Yes - or should we aim for “excellent” NoYes/No

If the first Disc is only “Good” does that then degrade the signal as you go on to  2nd, 3rd and 4th Discs. Yes/No

Previously used Apple Extreme router that was ethernet chained with 3 Apple Express’s.
These don’t work with the Smart Hub, sadly, so the Discs daisy chain by signal.
But I’ll have to ethernet 2 Discs 3 & 4 because there is no line of sight through thick stone wall.

How, then, can I then connect a TV, or non-wireless Printer to the Disc that is connected by ethernet cable

At present one TV uses a BT  plug - but then why did I buy this Mesh sytem if I’ve got to use these plugs as well!!??

0 Ratings
mb1972
Beginner
Message 328 of 340

Powerline adapters

I had an original smarthub that I had to kick back to a HH5 to get my Devolo powerlien adapter working.

they keep having issues with my new SmartHub 2 - tried to run them from the hub and also from a disc - but keep getting drop outs.

I have a Youview box - and with wifi it needs to powerlien adapter to run.

Any thoughts on what works best as it is very frustrating

Thanks

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 329 of 340

Sorry, I'm just a normal user, but I'm sure the BT Administrator will reply to your request.

0 Ratings
lebouch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 330 of 340

What are the ‘Complete’ options that you can’t access, out of interest?
0 Ratings