cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomofthepops
Beginner
Message 341 of 355

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

My phone when connected to the WiFi disc keeps disconnecting and reconnecting itself every few mins, when connected to the router there is no problem. Could someone help me with this ? 

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 342 of 355

It shouldn't be connected to the disc, just the hubs password. 

0 Ratings
Moe70
Contributor
Message 343 of 355

If you had read the instructions in the delivery box, it won't work near water. I like to take my iPhone to the bathroom when I'm cleaning the room, but will only work outside of the room. Some apps like My5 is weak wherever it's used. I also had to move the disc out of my living room as it was opposite my fish tank. Water may be stopping signals passing through it. 

0 Ratings
tomofthepops
Beginner
Message 344 of 355

I know that, I meant when it switches the wireless signal from the router to the disc ( I checked in the connected devices on the app and this only happens when the phone is getting the signal from the disc). It's also in another room from the fish tank and signal isn't the problem. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 345 of 355

@tomofthepops wrote:

My phone when connected to the WiFi disc keeps disconnecting and reconnecting itself every few mins, when connected to the router there is no problem. Could someone help me with this ? 

Is the phone an Android device?
The usual cause of switching between the disc and hub is a weak, or variable signal strength.
There are apps you can download on the Play Store, which will give you a reasonably accurate measurement of signal strength in dbm.
This will, perhaps, give an indication of what is going on.
(It's more difficult on an iPhone as apps are hard to find.)

0 Ratings
meridius
Aspiring Expert
Message 346 of 355

My contract is getting renewed next month and was thinking going for the Smart Hub 2 and Home Disc and wanted to know when you take out the 18 month contract are the

1, Smart Hub 2 yours after that 18 months like the BT hub 4

2,  Home Discs  yours after that 18 months

I ask this because I looked into this and you have to pay more for the hardware. 

any help would be great

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2759601729.png[/IMG][/URL]
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 347 of 355

@meridiuswrote:

My contract is getting renewed next month and was thinking going for the Smart Hub 2 and Home Disc and wanted to know when you take out the 18 month contract are the

1, Smart Hub 2 yours after that 18 months like the BT hub 4

2,  Home Discs  yours after that 18 months

The equipment is provided as part of the service, if you leave or change to a non-complete wi-fi package, you have to return them.

Payla1802
Beginner
Message 348 of 355

I cannot see video calling or Wi-fi manager in the app, I used to see the discs but not any more, when I click on certain things I get a message saying CANNOT GET SECURE CONNECTION son many  things I cannot even access 

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 349 of 355

My daughter has been complaining of poor WiFi in her bedroom for a while now and I finally got around to checking it out.

She has the WiFi disc in her bedroom and the connection to the Smart Hub 2 is reported as “Excellent”, the issue appears to be that literally nothing is connected to it?

There is an Amazon echo and her iPad in that room plus I added a laptop just to see what would happen and nothing is connecting to the disc:

C6C5D7BF-0CF7-4BCE-A5FE-099297A606B5.jpeg

Am I missing something here? Surely the idea of the disc is that devices close to it would connect to it rather than the hub?

0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Contributor
Message 350 of 355

Just because its saying "Connection Excellent" & has a Blue Light DOES NOT MEAN its Working ....many times I have "Lost" connections & when checking find they are "SUPPOSED TO BE" Ok ...(when in actual fact they have LOST the Main Hub Connection .. 

I Have found that I MUST "Re-Cycle" my Hub at least ONCE A MONTH to get "good" / Excellent connections . that "hold" ..So I would suggest at least ONCE A MONTH ..switch off yer Hub & Switch it back on again .. That will "re-establish" a connection to all your Discs !! 

0 Ratings