Distinguished Sage
Message 361 of 429

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 362 of 429

Can I buy a smart hub 2 off eBay and still take advantage of the complete Wi-fi guarantee? Will bt still send additional discs free if I need them?

Or do I need to be a halo 2 subscriber? I’m currently on halo 1 with a Netgear Orbi connected to my FTTP connection, but I’m not getting my expected speeds with it, so looking at alternatives. 

I called BT today and they offered me complete Wi-fi for an additional £7 a month. Seemed a bit steep to rent some kit?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 363 of 429

@StuMcBill wrote:

Can I buy a smart hub 2 off eBay and still take advantage of the complete Wi-fi guarantee? Will bt still send additional discs free if I need them?

No, the guarantee and support only applies if you sign up with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 364 of 429

Hmmm, I’ll try and find my smart hub 1 first and see how that goes. 

If I signed up for complete Wi-fi, and changed my mind a couple of months later, could I just return the disc and keep the smart hub 2, and go back to my current pricing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 365 of 429

@StuMcBillwrote:

If I signed up for complete Wi-fi, and changed my mind a couple of months later, could I just return the disc and keep the smart hub 2, and go back to my current pricing?

No, you'll have a 14 day cooling off period, after that you can't revert back.
You should know within that 2 week period what the service is like, If it suits your needs keep it, if not revert back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 366 of 429

Both items are now just loaned, so if you cancel within the 14 day period, both have to be returned, otherwise you will be charged for them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 367 of 429

Ok, I’ve just reinstated my smart hub 1, and am getting similar WiFi speeds.  The speed test from the router to BT reports 150mb, but I’m not getting near that on WiFi. Haven’t tried wired yet. 

Would upgrading to complete WiFi help? Would BT reimburse me the £20 if I didn’t get the advertised speeds over WiFi or does it just cover router to BT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 368 of 429

Let me start by saying how good I think the Complete wi-fi solution is, honestly.

I live in a bungalow which is long and thin and has extensions through the original thick brick external walls at either end. My BT Smarthub2 is in the centre of the building but I have "dead-spots" at either end of the house. Up until now, prior to being with BT I had used some TP-Link repeaters, which sort of worked but because they weren't meshed didnt always give the best results.

I recently switched to BT as they installed full fibre in the street and have had it for a couple of months.  I upgraded my service to get a higher speed / Complete Wi-fi and today received a Complete wi-fi disc. I have placed this between the hub and one end of the house and the wi-fi signal is brilliant.

I now need to get a second disc for the other end of the house and this is where my problem comes. I have read through the post here, followed the troubleshooter and basically spent hours trying to get through to someone but all I have managed to do so far is open a fault online which is" being looked at", even though I never opened a fault. The site did say it couldnt find my details and thats when the fault appeared to open, even though I tried to cancel it.

So my I ask, can someone please make me happy. Is there a moderator or BT employee on here that can get me a 2nd disc. The Wi-Fi level (I am pretty Tech savy) at the end of the house , currently without a disk is -83dbm on the 2.4Ghz band and it cant even see the 5Ghz band.

Basically I am fed up with trying to run tests / troubleshooters and just need a second disc....please!!

Thanks

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 369 of 429

Just as a follow-up, I moved the disc from one end of the house to the other and the results, as expected, were reversed. Just need another disc. Cant even see anywhere on the BT shop site to buy one, even though I am entitled to up to 3 discs. I only need 2 in total so not being greedy. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 370 of 429

I only have the one disk, strategically placed in a smallish house, and achieve good results,

Have you called 0800 800 150 to be directed to a source of ordering a second disc?

0 Ratings