Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 41 of 103

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Hi @northshields

1. the re-boot is a conscious choice - by refreshing all of your home Wi-Fi connections we see that it improves overall network stability. It shouldn't happen if you're online! Let me know if it does...
2. The Smart Hub 2 is much more powerful than the Hub 5 - so that'll be an immediate improvement to your current home setup. When you sign-up to Complete Wi-Fi we'll also send you an Wi-Fi disc - from our trials that's normally been enough for the majority of up to 5 bed homes. We also see that from performance testing you want fewer, better connected devices to get maximum performance.

... having said that... if you did need an extra disc. You can use our online troubleshooter flows. We've got some clever Wi-Fi diagnostics for Complete Wi-Fi so if you do have a problem we'll then send an extra disc to you.

Cheers
Luke
BT Device ExpertLuke
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Contributor
Message 42 of 103

Out of curiosity I went through the order process. For those wondering if it is a new contract for 18 months, the answer appears to be yes and any existing discounts will be lost on their original expiry date if you package is staying the same:

BT.PNG

So I am already on a discounted BT Plus package and would be expected to pay my current rate + £5 per month for the next 13 months before being locked in for another 5 months at £63.99. Needless to say, it's a "no" from me at this stage.

It's also worth noting that the same civil servants working on the brexit withdrawal agreement appear to be doing the website wording for BT on the side:

BT2.PNG

Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
rafles
Message 43 of 103

I rang BT yesterday morning about the same situation as you have.I was passed to a lady who knew what she was talking about.I had 13 months left on my Broadband Plus deal with discounts and she told me that I would start a new deal for 18 months at the discounted price of £44.99 with no increases during the length of the contract.Email from BT confirmed thisShe put the order through for me there and then and the equipment arrived this morning.Very easy to set up (I’m a senior citizen) with the BT app and first impression is that it works great.Hope this helps.

BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 44 of 103

Thanks @rafles 

@stereohaven this is definately the case - I've triple checked with the Technology & Product teams.  I'll get on to the Legal guys about our T&Cs on Monday - it'e been a long week!

Thanks for the feedback!  We'll get it sorted.

A better deal now?...

BT Device ExpertLuke
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
rafles
Message 45 of 103

It’s a very good deal.👍
stereohaven
Contributor
Message 46 of 103

@LukeBuxtonwrote:

Thanks @rafles 

@stereohaven this is definately the case - I've triple checked with the Technology & Product teams.  I'll get on to the Legal guys about our T&Cs on Monday - it'e been a long week!

Thanks for the feedback!  We'll get it sorted.

A better deal now?...

Assuming you are confirming @rafles experience then yes, works for me!

Let me know who to contact and I will get this ordered. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
t67
Message 47 of 103

can you please show me how to get extra discs through the online trouble shooter. have tried various routes and none have even mentioned a disc

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 48 of 103

@stereohaven - best option is to order here - https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/complete-wifi - choose 'see your deals'

@t67 can you send me a private message with your mobile / account details?  The team are working this weekend so it would be great if we could work through your experience ?

BT Device ExpertLuke
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Contributor
Message 49 of 103

@LukeBuxtonwrote:

@stereohaven - best option is to order here - https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/complete-wifi - choose 'see your deals'

It might just be me but when I click on that link and then "see your deals" it takes me to a postcode and landline checker before telling me this:

BT3.PNG

If I click on "See your offers" then it is new customer deals.

I think I'll make a call instead.

BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 50 of 103

Thanks for sharing @stereohaven - you shouldn't have received that message - from what you've said I think you've got Fibre already?   It's there to check that you've got Fibre rather than new / existing customers.  Something must've gone wrong - we'll get it sorted asap.

Have a chat with one of our advisors - they'll have a deal for you - cheers

BT Device ExpertLuke
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”