cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mspiteri
Message 51 of 103

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Same here - says that it is not available to me, even though I am on a Superfast Fibre Plus package
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 52 of 103

Thanks @mspiteri - give us a call and it'll be £5 more - I've already raised to the team we'll have it fixed soon

BT Device ExpertLuke
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
NiMc
Beginner
Message 53 of 103

Overall this is very good, certainly easy to set up and get going apart from a patchy area in one area of the house. This is where I feel BT have pulled a bit of a fast one because with all the mentions of being able to receive additional discs it does seem like a bit of a wild goose chase to get one. All the trouble shooters I’ve found have been unrelated to a poor WiFi signal. It’s proving to be such a faff on I wish I’d just bought the Smart Hub 2 for £65 and a couple of Whole Home discs separately. Probably is better value and quicker than paying BT £5 per month forever without all the hassle of getting them to honour their commitment to send out additional discs to those affected.
0 Ratings
Moonboots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 103

I'm not 100% sure on this one.

I had a look into it, It says i would be paying £11 more than what i am at the moment.

I have Whole Home (5 Discs) and it says that they are not compatible to work with it, So thats just a waste of money then if i am meant to get it for £5 extra a month.....

It also says in the FAQ's that the Smart Hub 2 would be mine to keep but the Discs would have to be returned if we change from the Plus Complete WiFi . If not we would be charged £30 per disc. (sounds like the discs are on loan to me).

As i have said, i need 5 discs for my home to reach all areas so will that mean i would possibly need 3 additional discs and as what has been said, it is impossible to get this actioned by BT.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Contributor
Message 55 of 103

@NiMc I signed up for Complete Wifi this week and received my new router and disc earlier this week. After a few days I've found that I've got a wifi dead zone (well, not dead, just a weak signal). A quick phone call to BT and they did some remote diagonistics  and they agreed that I wasn't getting the coverage I should and quickly agreed to send me a second disc, which should plug the wifi gap. Hopefully it'll arrive Tuesday/Wednesday. It was very easy to sort out over the phone.

NiMc
Beginner
Message 56 of 103

I read that if you need more than three discs it said you can buy additional ones from the store, but as it seems you can only buy the white Whole Home version there. It’s still unclear how to get an extra black disc as part of Complete WiFi as the trouble shooters seem to try to rectify problems that don’t exist when the issue is a weak WiFi signal.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 103

@Moonboots wrote:

I'm not 100% sure on this one.

I had a look into it, It says i would be paying £11 more than what i am at the moment.

I have Whole Home (5 Discs) and it says that they are not compatible to work with it, So thats just a waste of money then if i am meant to get it for £5 extra a month.....

It also says in the FAQ's that the Smart Hub 2 would be mine to keep but the Discs would have to be returned if we change from the Plus Complete WiFi . If not we would be charged £30 per disc. (sounds like the discs are on loan to me).

As i have said, i need 5 discs for my home to reach all areas so will that mean i would possibly need 3 additional discs and as what has been said, it is impossible to get this actioned by BT.

If you all ready have BT Whole Home with 5 discs and you are getting the coverage that you want/need at a price you are happy with why are you even considering changing your set up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Moonboots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 103

The whole home setup has always been buggy.

The price i paid for the whole home system is mainly my gripe lol. I paid alot of money for something they are practically giving away at a price of £5 extra and its always covered incase of a fault. Where the Whole Home kit is not.

I didnt say i was considering, I would have if the Whole Home kit was compatible with it. But again i could go with the deal and sell my existing setup.

0 Ratings
StefanMc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 103

Are these new black discs compatible with the existing white discs from the Whole Home system?
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 60 of 103

@StefanMcwrote:
Are these new black discs compatible with the existing white discs from the Whole Home system?

No, the Complete Wi-Fi black discs aren't compatible with the Whole Home Wi-Fi white discs. And vice versa.

BT Device ExpertBruno
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.