cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 61 of 103

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

@niMC we definitely don’t want it to be hard work to get extra kit when it’s needed. We’ll work on improving it. Call our team and you’ll get an extra disc sent quickly like @paul_31. If you could drop me a private message with your details it would be great to catch up over the next couple of days to talk through your experience and what we can do better.

We don’t think any customers will need more than a Smart Hub 2 and 3 Discs – we’ll get wi-fi everywhere – adding more than that and the overall network can slow down.

Hi @Moonboots– As @gg30340it’s your call given your existing setup. We’ve seen from trials that the Smart Hub 2 gives a stronger first signal and we’ve only had one customer (from thousands) that has needed a Smart Hub 2 + 3 discs – so if you did move to Complete Wi-Fi I’m sure we’d get you covered as part of the guarantee. If you did choose to move to Plus with Complete WI-Fi you’d also get a wide range of other benefits – Double Data on BT Mobile and Keep Connected Promise with 4G are particularly good extra benefits.

@paul_31 – delighted to hear about your service experience. Thanks. Again if you could private message me with your details it would be great to chat **bleep** through in a bit more detail to improve even more.

@StefanMc– no, it’s not compatible with the Whole Home discs.   But, if you upgraded to Complete Wi-Fi we'd send you all the kit you needed and you'd get the extra BT Plus benefits as well.

Thanks all for your contributions - really helpful making this experience even better

Cheers

Luke

BT Device ExpertLuke
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
warrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 103

I installed this system 3 days ago . Sadly every night the router has rebooted and after said reboot the 2.4ghz signal isn’t working. After calling BT and a factory reset they decided my Smart HUb 2 is faulty . Currently awaiting replacement hub and first signs of any disconnecting I will cancel under my 14 day period and go back to my HH6 which worked perfectly. So somewhat disappointed.
0 Ratings
Message 63 of 103

@ChrisB wrote:

I've had it loaded on my (Android) tablet for some time but it stopped working (yesterday) and said the tablet was incompatible. It told me to go to the App Store (sic). Play Store just says the tablet is incompatible. It works on my (Android) phone.

Hi @ChrisB

We fed this back to the product team and they have confirmed that the app is compatible with Android 6.0 and above.  Are you running this version?

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
simulatorman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 103

Arrived  and installed on Friday. All looking good but the was an issue setting up the hub using Microsoft Edge (latest win 10 64 bit).

I tried to change both the wifi  SSID and password so that there would be a seamless transition for all of our numerous devices but this just wouldn't work as it had done with previous hubs. Saving these settings was random and I gave up in the end as Samsung Notes 8/9 would just not connect. 

I had to use the SSID and password supplied with the new hub which meant changing settings on lots of devices and not much fun with a Sky Q Mini Box!

I recall a similar experience with a much earlier version of a BT hub.

I suggest that someone takes a look to ensure that the process is robust with this version of hub firmware.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 103

I have the smart hub 2 and had no problems changing the SSID and password to previous hh6 SSID to avoid changing all my wifi devices  I did use chrome and not edge though

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gmackay1903
Contributor
Message 66 of 103

Well trying to order this service has been a complete nightmare let alone trying to get the Smart Hub 2 and disc delivered.

Ordered four times now - first order failed, second order failed, third order had to have manual intervention but a normal Smart Hub was ordered instead, fourth order manual intervention and still have not received it and no mention of the extra Wi-Fi disc in the order page as it did on the other orders, so not holding hope that it will come with the Wi-Fi disc.

Order page still says awaiting despatch, but expected delivery was today and no sign of it.

Fantastic service BT, excelling yourself yet again - is this the service I expect to see as part of BT Fibre Plus?

0 Ratings
Moonboots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 103

@LukeBuxton Im already a Plus customer so already get the ther benefits but still wanted £11 extra for some reason. As i said, the Complete WiFi would be guaranteed where the Whole Home i have is not, If it fails i have to pay to get it replaced but If i get this, the Complete WiFi would be covered for any failures.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 68 of 103

@Moonboots - please can you send me a private message with your contact details.  It shoudl definately be just £5 more for you if you're a Plus customer.  I'll make sure we get it sorted today.

@gmackay1903 - please can you also send me a private message with your account details.  We'll get a Smart Hub 2 and Wi-Fi disc sent to you and I'll check with the team to see what's gone wrong.  Really sorry to hear about your issues - we'll get fixed and make sure that it's not a problem for future customers. 

BT Device ExpertLuke
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
arto
Beginner
Message 69 of 103

Having the same problem here. I'm a Plus customer but my "bespoke" deal is £11 more than my current monthly payment
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 70 of 103

Hi @arto - please can you send me a private message with your account details.  Again, should be £5.

Cheers

Luke

BT Device ExpertLuke
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings