cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenhill68
Expert
Message 81 of 348

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

I guess not all of us can afford another £17 a month to pay out. If the price was only an extra £5 then I might be tempted.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 82 of 348

Hi @glenhill68 - I completley understand.  It's expensive kit that's why it's priced as it is.

If you're able to - I saved a lot of £ moving to Sim Only on BT Mobile.  By upgrading you'd also get Double Data which means you may be able to choose a lower data allowance saving some money from other bills.

I'm from Bradford and completley get how tough it is...

Devices expertLukeB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 83 of 348

I'm with EE and not long ago upgraded my phone so am tied in for 24 mnoths so that isn't an option either.

Hopefully BT might make me a wonderful offer lol.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 84 of 348

Smiley LOL

Devices expertLukeB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 85 of 348

Sorry since you changed the webpage every thing is diffreant
How do I do that please
0 Ratings
MartynP
Beginner
Message 86 of 348

Luke

May I please have your assistance?

I have spent today more time than I care to admit trying to sign up for the Complete WiFi deal for an additional £5 per month but to no avail.

The hyperlink to sign up as an existing BT plus customer online leads to the message “We’re unable to show you any personalised offers at the moment.”

Two separate phonecalls have resulted in an offer at an additional £10 per month and an even worse suggestion of cancel my contract, signing up for a new one and paying £15 per month extra.

I see from this thread that this is far from an isolated case but I don’t intend to give up!

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 87 of 348

Can someone explain why BT's charging a £5 re-current monthly charge for Complete Wifi? There are NO monthly costs to BT so unlike, say, BT Plus there are no add on on-going benefits that require BT to provide anything. Surely a fairer way of paying would be to pay a one-off up front charge?

On a related matter can the Complete Wifi discs be connected to the smarthub via ethernet and still be part of the mesh?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 88 of 348

@ChrisB wrote:

Can someone explain why BT's charging a £5 re-current monthly charge for Complete Wifi? There are NO monthly costs to BT so unlike, say, BT Plus there are no add on on-going benefits that require BT to provide anything. Surely a fairer way of paying would be to pay a one-off up front charge?

On a related matter can the Complete Wifi discs be connected to the smarthub via ethernet and still be part of the mesh?

If you search, you can buy a Smarthub2 for £100. It doesn’t include the disc, however. Can post the link, if you wish, but I’m sure you can find it, if eligible.

0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 89 of 348

Was £65 a few days ago. Another con by BT
0 Ratings
NiMc
Beginner
Message 90 of 348

Yes, it does seem like a bit of a scam considering you could cancel Complete WiFi and just pay the £30 charge for not returning the disc. Would be much more cost effective than paying BT £5 (or more) extra a month for this 'service', that appears to be just a hire charge for the disc(s).

0 Ratings