cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Invalid password connecting Galaxy Tab A to BTHUB6

I am trying to connect my new 'out of the box' Galaxy TAB A 10.1 tablet to my broadband BTHUB6 router. It is stuck in the enter password screen and returns invalid password. Broadband is otherwise working OK with PC, Printer & Hive thermostat which I set up using the hub's WPS button. Any suggestions.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Invalid password connecting Galaxy Tab A to BTHUB6

Make sure you are entering the wireless passkey, not the hub admin password. Passwords are case sensitive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Had used Wireless Passkey and checked that I had entered it correctly. Any other suggestions
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Factory reset the hub by pressing the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Reset Hub but still get 'Invalid Password Entered'. I have never used this password (or reset it) when setting up my other devices. I just used the WPS button on the hub to  get them online. Any other suggestions  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Silly question, are you sure it is your hub SSID you are trying to connect to and not a neighbour's WiFi? Can you see more than one network?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

If you can not connect manually you can use WPS on the tablet. 

See link which may not be exactly the same but should be close enough to find that WPS in the Advance wireless settings 

http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/samsunggalaxytaba/content/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_ug/wi_fi_se...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Thanks for the info. The problem is I can't get the tablet to stop automatically refreshing to the enter password screen after telling me that the password is incorrect.  I have tried in vain to reset the tablet to its factory setting by holding down the power and volume keys. So can't even check that I am pointing to my hub and not my neighbour's (by mistake)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go into the tablets settings and go to Connections then Wifi. Tap on it and it will show you a list of the wireless connections. Tap on the one that is asking for the password and a new box will open. Tap on  "forget" .

Now find the label on your BT Hub and look for the name of the hub and then look for same name in the list of wireless connections. Tap on it and enter the wireless passkey/password that is on the BT hub label. 

Tick the box "Auto Connect" and "Connect".

That should have you connected to your BT Hub.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

As I have said before - I can't get the tablet to let go of the enter password screen. It always immediately returns to it whatever I do even when  trying to reset to 'Factory settings' or switching off the hub. Therefore I can't get into any other screen on the tablet to try any other options. If I could, I would use the WPS feature to connect. I am already pointing at my BT Hub6 and using the values specified on the back of the hub.

I originally tried to use the supplied password from this pc and that also returned invalid password so used wps to successfully connect. Therefore the fault must be a 'real invalid password' or a conflicting setting within the hub itself. Will try contacting BT to see what they can suggest. 

0 Ratings