Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Razor
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Ip address not showing on google search

Hello 

I just got internet for home 4 days ago. when i search in google for my ip address,, it does not find ip address,  it only finds long letters and nunbers. Anyone knows , what could be the problem?

Thank you for your help

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ip address not showing on google search

That will be an IPv6 address.

If you want to know your IPv4 address look in the hub manager > advanced settings > Broadband >internet

0 Ratings
Razor
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your reply,  I have tried it and it doesn't work with my cctv. It must be ACTIVE from Google search engine to be able to view cctv

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Razor   You will need a business account for a fixed IP Address. You could try a dynamic dns service like no-ip. It has to be setup correctly on your smart hub. Home -> Advanced settings -> Broadband-> Dynamic DNS  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@Razor wrote:

Thank you for your reply,  I have tried it and it doesn't work with my cctv. It must be ACTIVE from Google search engine to be able to view cctv

Have you forwarded the necessary ports to the internal LAN IP address of the camera?

0 Ratings
Razor
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

The new hikvision dvr doesn't need port forward , its latest one and its only need internet connection and uses IP address.  But the IP address its really long and strange numbers at the moment 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

As I said, that is your IPv6 address if you want to know your IPv4 address look in the hub or a different 'whats my IP' type of website.

Try https://www.whatismyip.com/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Bear in mind as @VeteranISPUser  has said, it will change from time to time.

0 Ratings