cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robc8
Message 1 of 3

Ipad connection issue?

Hi, 

Could anyone give me any advice regarding my ipad connection? I have already seen posts etc. But none have really helped me..

I have a home hub 5, I have already selected channel 11 and I have 5ghz disabled.

My Ipad has been connecting fine when I'm in the living room. I take my ipad upstairs and the wifi just won't work... I had the same issue with a laptop, which in the end I sent back thinking it must have been a fault with it. But, the strange thing is if I restart the ipad then the wifi works fine for a couple of minutes and looking at the dhcp table there is a connection around 73mbps, but after a couple of minutes it just drops down to 1mbps - so clearly the wifi is getting up to the room. Also my old Nexus 7 and iphone se seem to have no problems connecting in the same room.

I have tried to find a solution, but I already had my router set up as advised in various solutions... I have seen some people say it's the ipad and some say it's a problem with the home hub... clearly the home hub works because other devices (including other apple devices) connect fine, clearly the ipad works as it's fine downstairs. I don't think it can be a deadspot as my iphone and nexus 7 work fine upstairs when my ipad doesn't... and the ipad does pick up the connection but then just drops it upstairs - there must be an incompatibility that kicks in somewhere, but where 🤷‍♂️

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ipad connection issue?

Have you tried "forgetting" the connection to your iPad then re starting the iPad before re making the connection.

I would also try channel 13. It is not normally used by UK routers so it is very rarely congested unlike the other channels.

0 Ratings
Robc8
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ipad connection issue?

Hi, thanks. 

Yeah, I tired those things... also reset completely the network settings on ipad. That resulted with the 73mbps for few minutes and then dropped down to 1mbps, restarting the ipad has the same effect. Changing to channel 13 doesn't to do much 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Ratings