Message 1 of 5

Good afternoon, 

Hoping somebody can help with my ipv6 issue i think i am having. Recently moved to a new build with FTTP bt900, all up and running fine but have noticed that my previously connected ipv6 devices are no longer connecting via ipv6. Have checked the status on the hub (smart hub 2) and ipv6 is enabled. However, under dns ipv6 wan details - it states ipv4 only. 

Tried calling CS tech team but had a really poor experience with zero help offered. Have trawled the forums but most are questions regarding other linked routers etc. Bit of a noob in regards to this and just wondering if some of the performance issues i am seeing with the previously linked ipv6 devices, are related to this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_20240529_114458_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ipv6

Go to solution

BT doesn't have IPv6 DNS servers, IPv6 addresses are served by IPv4 DNS servers. This matters not one jot.

Secondly, there are no performance differences between connecting to sites via IPv6 or IPv4. In theory, if anything IPv6 should be slower as it has more overheads.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you, appreciate the response. So in essence, ipv6 assigning where previously assigned but not now, is no issue and the service is running as it should be? Thanks again, 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Exactly

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you! 

0 Ratings