Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Is my home hub 4 faulty?

Go to solution

How are your security cameras connected to your hub? Do you have anything else plugged in to the same sockets. extension leads as your camera system?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
offgridlee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution
The camera is a usb webcam connected to a raspberry pi. The raspberry pi is connected to the hub via an ethernet cable. No other devices are connected to the hub either wirelessly or through the ethernet.
The raspberry pi uses Motion to stream the images to a webserver running on the raspberry pi itself, I access the raspberry pi web server from the internet by port forwarding.
When the hub suffers the green light boot problem the Customised settings within the hub are lost and I have to restore the settings from a backup, I.e I have to re set up port forwarding, dynamic dns settings etc from the hub manager.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

I would not spend any more time with the home hub, save yourself a lot of hassle and get a different router.

One of these works just fine, I have a number of ports forwarded without any problems, Its also very stable and not under the control of BT.

Cheap reliable replacement for home hub.

0 Ratings
offgridlee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
I had a look at the specs of the TP-Link TD-W9970 N300, it looks perfect for what I need. I'll give it a try.
I think that's the solution instead of wasting any more time on the home hub.
Consider this problem solved!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@Devon_Dave also has one of those routers.

If you need any help, please ask, as I can add additional information to the pages on my website which would be useful to everyone else.

0 Ratings