cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MM88
Message 1 of 2

Issue connecting my printer via by Infinity Router

Hi,

I really would like some assistance or advice.

I am new to BT Infinity (formerly on Virgin  for printing via my router), I have a BT Home Hub 5 Type A.  I am running a MacBook Pro on OSX 10.9.2 and I am trying to get my MacBook to print to my HP Photosmart 5510.

I have checked that I have:

No Filtering on, 

My SSID connection on the printer matches the router.

There is a consistent IP address everytime I have connected the printer to the router.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the utlity and the drivers on my laptop.

I have the latest verson of OSX on my MacBook.

I have been able to detect the IP address from my printer, but I cannot detect the printer and install the drivers.

Can someone please assist me and tell me if there is a solution so I can print to my HP Photosmart 5510 from my MacBook.  And before anyone asks, I have switched on and all all of the various components where possible (from the mains so there is a cold re-boot).

Thank you if you can assist me with this challenge! Or can you recommend a printer that works (and if Bonjour is an issue)

Regards

MM

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Issue connecting my printer via by Infinity Router

have you tried switching of smart wifi and then splitting the 2.4 and 5ghz into to by say adding a 5 to the 5ghz ssid.  you can then select a channel for each and turn off automatic channel selection.  that may help your printer 'see' a network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings