Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
maxr198
Message 1 of 3

Issues With Third Party Router - Asus DSL-N14U

Go to solution

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could assist. I recently purchased an Asus DSL-N14U B1 router in attempts to replace my existing homehub 6. However, I'm having issues trying to get the WAN configuration correct in order to get internet connectivity. I've followed several different forum posts from other members with similar routers with no luck. Using the below configuration, I've not managed to get the DSL status to 'go up'. I feel the configuration I've entered isn't correct and was wondering if anyone could guide me to what I'm doing wrong. Or even if it's actually possible to get it working.

I'm a BT Superfast Fibre customer, attached are screenshots of the 'WAN' settings for my router. The firmware on the router has been upgraded to the latest version available from the ASUS webpage. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂 

1.PNG2.PNG

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Issues With Third Party Router - Asus DSL-N14U

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

This is an ADSL only  modem/router not a VDSL one, you cannon use it on Superfast fibre over a copper connection.

You need to exchange it for a VDSL one. It would have been best to ask for advice on this forum first.

Spec.

ITU G.922.1(G.dmt).ITU G.922.2 (G.lite)
ITU G.922.3 ADSL2(G.dmt.bis)
ITU G.922.4(G.lite.bis)
ITU G.922.5(G.dmt.bisplus)
ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ multimode AnnexA,AnnexB compliant
ADSL 2/2+ 24Mbps downstream
Support Annex A/B/I/J/L/M

maxr198
Message 3 of 3

Re: Issues With Third Party Router - Asus DSL-N14U

Go to solution

Ah thanks, completly missed that fact. Will make a post for recommendations!

Thanks 

0 Ratings