cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Issues setting up a TP Link Archer VR600 as Modem/Router

Just an update, getting in touch with BT today to get them to do a thorough check of the line and ask them why they think the router may not be working. Fingers crossed they can help 😁

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

@tjb1508 wrote:

Just an update, getting in touch with BT today to get them to do a thorough check of the line and ask them why they think the router may not be working. Fingers crossed they can help 😁

Its quite possible that the problem is something with the way you have your broadband connected, so that would be the first thing to check, especially as the home hubs drop out.

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

The socket I have is 7, again it was something else the engineer installed last time he came to try and fix the issue, everything was fine up until about a month or two ago

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

@tjb1508 wrote:

The socket I have is 7, again it was something else the engineer installed last time he came to try and fix the issue, everything was fine up until about a month or two ago

Those sockets suffer from bad connections, its a known issue.

You need to connect things up as shown below, and see if you still get the disconnections. You may find that the TP link will work there.

nte 5c testing from test socket.jpgNTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Okay thanks, thats handy to know, I'll give it a go as soon as I'm home from work and update the thread.

Thanks again 😁

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

@tjb1508 wrote:

Okay thanks, thats handy to know, I'll give it a go as soon as I'm home from work and update the thread.

Thanks again 😁

Its to do with the poor alignment, and the fact that the clips are not good enough.

I will try to find where it was mentioned.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

It was here https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

A bad contact will distort the digital signal, preventing a reliable connection.

Connecting to the test socket will at least eliminate that possibility.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Update: 

After trying the test socket with another filter, I still wasn't able to set up the new router/modem so i reconnected the old hub. Everything looked good until about an hour ago when it decided to start disconnecting again every 10 minutes or so.

When I rang BT earlier they said there was nothing wrong with the line but they noticed the 62 disconnects yesterday. Told me that they can send an engineer out at some point but to wait until Friday to see what happens 😕 They also said that if they find nothing it'll be my fault and that I'll have to pay around £85ish which doesn't surprise me.

Any more suggestions? I'm completely out of ideas

Thanks for your help so far regardless 😁

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

There is not normally a charge for a fault not found. The charge only applies if they find something wrong with your internal wiring, or the way you have things connected up.

I assume you only have the single phone socket?

As this appears to be a repeat fault, with no resolution, I will ask a moderator to comment.

Message 20 of 22

Oh I see, thanks for the clarification.

Yes we only have the master socket, no others.

Brilliant thank you 😁

0 Ratings