cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulPoker
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Issues with BT Smart Hub since firmware update 31st Oct

I had my smarthub working fine connecting to the internet and allowing my devices to connect via wifi without any issues. But my smarthub picked up a update to the firmware on 31st oct ( SG4B10002236 ) and now I'm getting random devices mainly apple iPhones and iPads dropping connections and my Synology NAS seems to lose connection every 20 mins ( I've checked the NASs power settings and that is not causing the issues here it seems to be the hub) my iPhone reports that there is no internet connection with the hub although laptops connect and access the internet.. please can someone help or BT advise what the issue is and when a new firmware update will be deployed.

Thank you
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
oakserver
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Issues with BT Smart Hub since firmware update 31st Oct

Same problem for me on SG4B10002236.

Unstable 2.4 band wifi. I've found turning off the 2.4 band has resolved the problem but means that the devices must support 5 ghz band. Not great. I have no way of rolling back the firmware.
0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

I`m on June 2016 firmware and I get similiar wifi problems so rolling back would be fine if we all knew what to rollback to but we cant rollback and we cant force an update !

0 Ratings
dave001
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Same issue for me, update in October wrecked my network, I have a similar thread running on here too. BT sent me a new HH6 which I installed yesterday, of course it's running the old firmware SG4B100021EC so all good, I'd like to know if it's possible to prevent it updating again??

I went back to my HH5 while waiting for the new unit to arrive which works perfect, so I will go back full time if this fails again.

0 Ratings
PaulPoker
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi guys thanks for your comments it's helpful in a way to see that I'm not alone here..

Dave001 does that mean you are working on your old BT Hub and have been able to either fix the issue or reverse the firmware update?
0 Ratings