cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbrose
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: Issues with New Ultra Fast Fibre Plus and Draytek 2862n

Do you also know if the IPTV multicast is distributed across all LAN sockets?

0 Ratings
Batch182
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Hi I have a similar issue I think - had a Draytek 2860Vac which I used instead of the BT equipment, was plugged into phone line.

I have now upgraded to BT Ultrafast 250 (same phone line connection) - the engineer didn’t change anything at my house, but cannot get the router to work. Is this because I am on G.Fast ?

0 Ratings
dbrose
Beginner
Message 13 of 17

He must have changed the faceplate surely if you have moved to GFast/Ultrafast?

if so for Draytek to work you  need a GFast modem. 

0 Ratings
Batch182
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Hi thanks - no, he did everything from the cabinet I guess as didn't actually come to my house. I did have BT broadband Fibre 2 beforehand, with phone line plugged into Draytek router.

Checking online to see what my line now has shows this :

line test.png 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

The Draytek won't work with G.fast. You are pretty much restricted to either a BT smart hub or the Asus DSL AC 88U

0 Ratings
Batch182
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Got it - thanks for the replies....bring on eBay. 

BTW, anyone know if the Netgear Orbi works on G.fast - was thinking of upgrading from my current Apple Extreme coverage. Or do I need to plug the BT router into the Orbi. (or is there a website which provides compatibility)

thanks again

0 Ratings
dbrose
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

Correct the modem in the device wI’ll not do the dialup, however, with the correct modem you can use this as a standard router which would dialup over the separate modem which is how I have done this.
The engineer had to come round to change the face plate as the standard VDSL/ADSL is not compatible with G.Fast. When the engineer changed it I asked if he happened to have any modems as they are really difficult to get hold of. He told me give him a couple of days and he will drop one off. He came back the next day with one.

Open reach provide these modems primarily for ISPs that don’t have routers that support G.Fast yet. The engineer provides the router it will not come from the ISP.
0 Ratings