Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tecreasey
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Issues with assigning DHCP address

Hello. I have a BT HomeHub 4 and the DHCP address range is 182.168.1.64 to 192.168.1.250. Hub address is 192.168.1.254

The problem is that all devices are getting an address starting 192.168.0. Also DNS and gateway addresses are also being set to 192.168.0.254.

I have never seen DHCP give an incorrect address.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Violated
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issues with assigning DHCP address

Hit it with a hammer, lol.

OK now seriously I would question if you had DHCP enabled but if you did not no IP address would be returned making that a pointless query. One option is to make sure your connected devices are set to automatic and not manual IP when a prior manual settting can cause the 192.168.0.x problem.

Two opions remain where first is a factory reset when BTHubs can go a bit crazy. Last option is to have BT replace it when it would indeed be faulty.

0 Ratings
tecreasey
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for a response. It has almost been thrown into the river and the hammer is following closely behind!

I have factory reset it multiple times, changed the DHCP range in case there was an issue with the ranges. I have set devices to static which obvioiusly works and then changed them back to DHCP which still causes them to fail.

It is going to be a massive coincidence if it is because it is faulty as this is the second Hub after BT already swapped the previous Hub.

Thanks for your response though!!! Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Is this on wireless devices? Are you sure you are not picking up a neighbours open wifi?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Do you have any other devices which have DHCP enabled, like another router being used as an additional wireless access point?

Check your network connections to ensure that you have no other equipment connected by accident, perhaps from another ISP.

0 Ratings
tecreasey
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

This is for both wireless and wired devices. I don't think I am picking up anyone elses wireless because it says I am connected to my router.

There are no other routers. There is a wireless repeater but even with that switched off the problem persists.

0 Ratings