cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megan99199
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Issues with wifi connection

I have a youview box in another room to the WiFi router (the socket was installed at the rear of the building so of in our bedroom while the youview box is in our front room on opposite side where the Arial is ), so to connect it to the WiFi it's connected through plug in adapters. The issue I have is the youview TV works fine streams Netflix ect no issues. If I turn on my laptop or other devise in the same room it suddenly disconnects I don't have this issue with the smart TV in another room just when streaming on the youview box, even if the laptop has WiFi disconnected ? Any ideas? Already had a new bt hub as the WiFi was having lots of issues. The only one that remains is this 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Issues with wifi connection

Are the devices being powered by battery or are they plugged into the electrical circuit?

If they are plugged in, do you get the same problem if they are running on battery?

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

If you're running your laptop on its mains adapter then try unplugging the adapter from the mains and run the laptop from battery, it could be that the mains adapter is faulty and feeding interference back into the mains.

Megan99199
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Plugged in

0 Ratings
Megan99199
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thankyou, 

0 Ratings